Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is Zest Zest you're talking about....... It's a tea leaves thing.
Funny that, given I make my gut feeling known, then hours later Farke makes me look like the Oracle of Omah…

It’s actually that I’m highly empathic, so understand others. In Bentancurs case, it was because I’m a deep mofo with fluid dynamics in the body.

Gets to you doesn’t it.

Funny that, given I make my gut feeling known, then hours later Farke makes me look like the Oracle of Omah…

It’s actually that I’m highly empathic, so understand others. In Bentancurs case, it was because I’m a deep mofo with fluid dynamics in the body.

As already explained to you.... Pure luck.

Gets to you doesn’t it.

Nahh..... 🤪

Gold:
Djed Spence coming back was not expected although it is another disappointing development for a 23-year-old who seems to have lost his direction in recent seasons and Leeds boss Daniel Farke said everything he could without saying it all about a loan move that fell well short of what the Elland Road club expected.

Farke's comments were vaguely reminiscent of those he made about Marcus Edwards while at Norwich in 2018. Thankfully a move abroad first to the Netherlands and then Portugal got that Tottenham youngster on track with different people around him and he hasn't looked back since. The hope is that the also talented Spence finds something similar to ground him and reignite his faltering young career.

Tottenham put loanee outcast Djed Spence immediately up for sale after being left stunned when Leeds cut £20m star's loan short due to problems with 'professionalism and being good for the group'​

• England under-21 international has been prematurely returned to north London
  • Former Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock previously questioned his dedication
  • IAN LADYMAN: Premier League clubs are so wrapped up in their own self-interest. They want what suits them and that's not FA Cup replays - It's All Kicking Off
By SAMI MOKBEL FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 13:32 GMT, 5 January 2024 | UPDATED: 23:30 GMT, 5 January 2024

Tottenham will make Djed Spence available for transfer following his unexpected return from a loan spell at Leeds amid concerns over his attitude.
Mail Sport understands Spurs chiefs were taken by surprise on Thursday when they were informed that Leeds would be sending defender Spence back to north London with immediate affect.
Spence joined the Championship club in the summer on a season long loan deal, but the deal has been abruptly cut short by Leeds - a decision that arrived as a shock at Tottenham.

Doubts over Spence's attitude have dogged the England Under-21 international's career and Leeds boss Daniel Farke has become the latest coach to raise concerns.

'I don't want to talk too much about Djed right now, because he's meanwhile also back at Tottenham, that I totally respect that he's their player,' said Farke.

'Listen, in the summer we came here in order to create and to bring new values and to create a new culture within the club and when we speak about a player if he's on here on a permanent or a loan deal, we have expectations and these expectations are in several topics important.

'Obviously it's important, the potential and the quality of the player but also it's professionalism, it's discipline, it's workload on and off the pitch and also the soft skills, so also if he's positive and committed, good for the group and engaged with these topics, paint then more or less a picture.

'And we decided okay, this is the player we want in our group and want to represent Leeds United, our demands are very, very high and we don't differ between loan players, permanent players so we are pretty picky in this topic.

'We came to the conclusion that we will end the loan for for Djed and he will return back to Tottenham. We are grateful for his time here.

'He's a player of great potential and also a cool guy with a really good heart so we really wish him all the best. But yes, sometimes you need to take a decision then you have to do this.'

Indeed, Spurs are understood to hold similar reservations with regards to Spence's attitude. According to sources, time-keeping had been a particular concern for Tottenham.

In November 2020, Neil Warnock, who managed Spence at Middlesbrough, said: 'He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don't know,' said Warnock.

'Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He's got the tools, there's no doubt about that.'

Tottenham put loanee outcast Djed Spence immediately up for sale after being left stunned when Leeds cut £20m star's loan short due to problems with 'professionalism and being good for the group'​

• England under-21 international has been prematurely returned to north London
  • Former Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock previously questioned his dedication
  • IAN LADYMAN: Premier League clubs are so wrapped up in their own self-interest. They want what suits them and that's not FA Cup replays - It's All Kicking Off
By SAMI MOKBEL FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 13:32 GMT, 5 January 2024 | UPDATED: 23:30 GMT, 5 January 2024

Tottenham will make Djed Spence available for transfer following his unexpected return from a loan spell at Leeds amid concerns over his attitude.
Mail Sport understands Spurs chiefs were taken by surprise on Thursday when they were informed that Leeds would be sending defender Spence back to north London with immediate affect.
Spence joined the Championship club in the summer on a season long loan deal, but the deal has been abruptly cut short by Leeds - a decision that arrived as a shock at Tottenham.

Doubts over Spence's attitude have dogged the England Under-21 international's career and Leeds boss Daniel Farke has become the latest coach to raise concerns.

'I don't want to talk too much about Djed right now, because he's meanwhile also back at Tottenham, that I totally respect that he's their player,' said Farke.

'Listen, in the summer we came here in order to create and to bring new values and to create a new culture within the club and when we speak about a player if he's on here on a permanent or a loan deal, we have expectations and these expectations are in several topics important.

'Obviously it's important, the potential and the quality of the player but also it's professionalism, it's discipline, it's workload on and off the pitch and also the soft skills, so also if he's positive and committed, good for the group and engaged with these topics, paint then more or less a picture.

'And we decided okay, this is the player we want in our group and want to represent Leeds United, our demands are very, very high and we don't differ between loan players, permanent players so we are pretty picky in this topic.

'We came to the conclusion that we will end the loan for for Djed and he will return back to Tottenham. We are grateful for his time here.

'He's a player of great potential and also a cool guy with a really good heart so we really wish him all the best. But yes, sometimes you need to take a decision then you have to do this.'

Indeed, Spurs are understood to hold similar reservations with regards to Spence's attitude. According to sources, time-keeping had been a particular concern for Tottenham.

In November 2020, Neil Warnock, who managed Spence at Middlesbrough, said: 'He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don't know,' said Warnock.

'Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He's got the tools, there's no doubt about that.'
Hopefully it’s a wake up call for him.

Farke is shit, though, and I’m surprised we gave him another youngster we rated on loan.

We need to start putting a "cunt clause" into players' contracts.
You'd think that's a standard. Although not a "cunt clause" there's expectations for conduct in every other workplace.

And if you are getting tens of thousands of pounds a week, you'd fucking turn up of time, wouldn't you?

In any other job you'd get sacked in the end.

Bit of a shame this one isn’t it, but ultimately there is nothing to suggest he should be kept around.

Just 4 appearances for our first team, none of which I recall being starts and age is not his friend either as he’s a year younger than Porro & Royle and not getting ahead of either of them.

Bit of a shame this one isn’t it, but ultimately there is nothing to suggest he should be kept around.

Just 4 appearances for our first team, none of which I recall being starts and age is not his friend either as he’s a year younger than Porro & Royle and not getting ahead of either of them.
You have to think Ange would have picked up the phone and talked to Farke about what the problem was. After that he immediately goes on the transfer list.

He’ll likely be unsellable at this rate as buying clubs won’t want to take the risk.

Could up another N’Dombele running his contract down with numerous loans out as no one wants to part with the wedge on a bad apple.

Neil Warnock, who managed Spence at Middlesbrough, said: 'He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don't know’.

This sounds like something a teacher would write on a school report when what they actually mean is “He’s a total bellend”.

Neil Warnock, who managed Spence at Middlesbrough, said: 'He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don't know’.

This sounds like something a teacher would write on a school report when what they actually mean is “He’s a total bellend”.
If anybody knows about bellends, it's Warnock.

Back
Top Bottom