Do you live in a mixed football team household & is it happy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry but that's a bit sad, if you let soccer/football dictate your relationships. I get that being passionate is very important, but this is slightly stepping over the line.
Says a lot about a 'girlfriend' though when she hopes that Liverpool will beat Spurs in a CL final (while she has zero connection to Liverpool).. Even a somewhat decent girl would've hoped for him that he would have had one of the best days of his life.

Last edited:
Says a lot about a 'girlfriend' though when she hopes that Liverpool will beat Spurs in a CL final (while she has zero connection to Liverpool).. Even a somewhat decent girl would've hoped for him that he would have had one of the best days of his life.
Since when did Chelsea fans ever want Spurs to win? Yes, there may be no connection with Liverpool but the fact they were playing Spurs, meant they were the team to root, for them.

Since when did Chelsea fans ever want Spurs to win? Yes, there may be no connection with Liverpool but the fact they were playing Spurs, meant they were the team to root, for them.
Would've made sense if her boyfriend wasn't a die hard Spurs-fan, by rooting for Liverpool on Saturday she clearly showed that she hasn't got any clue what was important for her partner and that will probably translate to many aspects of life.

Here is the thing.. She's proper fan, went to games and stuff. Would you cheer for Chelsea because of your girlfriend even though you hate everything about that club?

it's complicated situation, and as I said, that's not the reason we broke up, but it was the issuse. On why I started dating her when I knew she's Chelsea... well you can guess :pochsmirk: :pochlol:

Here is the thing.. She's proper fan, went to games and stuff. Would you cheer for Chelsea because of your girlfriend even though you hate everything about that club?

it's complicated situation, and as I said, that's not the reason we broke up, but it was the issuse. On why I started dating her when I knew she's Chelsea... well you can guess :pochsmirk: :pochlol:
Maybe if she was a die hard Chelsea fan all her life and was really into the rivalry that has been going on, however I have a hard time believing that in case of a girl from Croatia.

Sorry to interrupt but I did on Wednesday. Wanted to throw myself in a pool of acid afterwards though...

Maybe if she was a die hard Chelsea fan all her life and was really into the rivalry that has been going on, however I have a hard time believing that in case of a girl from Croatia.
I get your point, I was thinking the same, at first.. She's a girl it can't be that serious. But it is. Last year she went to 2 games, one at Bridge, one at Hungary at Europa League away game. She's into Chelsea Balkan and all that, it's offical supported group by the club. Can't be asked to explain more.. Enough :pochfacepalm:

Mum is from Liverpool and that whole side supports LFC, dad is from East london and supports West Ham (half heartedly though). I lived the first few years in Tottenham and this became my team.

Wife also supports Liverpool so as you can guess it was hard when we lost in the final.

My girlfriend doesn't support a team so she now cheers for Spurs! I had an ex who was Nottingham Forest which was ok until I got dragged to the pub to watch Forest :D I'm not sure it would work if I had a girlfriend who was a die-hard Chelsea or Gooner.

Since my father passed away I’m the only football fan at home. It’s funny me being a football maniac living with 3 people that don’t give a fuck. Well my little brother is starting to like it. After our defeat Saturday he said to me “why every time you go watch a game does your team lose?”

Ex wife was a Chelsea fan, former fiancé was a Utd fan. In fact thinking about it I don't think I've ever been involved with a lady that was interested in Tottenham.

My wife decided to wear a Liverpool shirt in aid of a charity...during the first few hours of doing so she was sworn at, kicked, spat on and had heavy objects thrown at her head. She's planning on leaving the house later today.

Wife isn't into football, which suits me fine.

Her dad is a liverpool fan though, but decent, and we have good banter. He was sound about the CL final too - didn't rub it in or anything and commiserated.

Back
Top Bottom