Do you still love football?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tomo

Supporter
Part of this time away from football and while I fucking hate the lockdown I don’t miss football as much as I thought I would, maybe it was the shit we where playing but not sure.

- Currently Crap football with a somewhat flawed squad and a manager whose tactics I am not yet convinced of. Jose admittedly does have a bad hand.

- PFA and players in a time of crisis when their insane wages could bring the clubs down still stuck on a grave train mentality and for me are so disappointing. It really doesn’t help the greedy, thick footballer stereotype

- our initial reaction putting our lowest paid staff on 80% through the government scheme. We reversed it.

- the Newcastle buyout by another brutal dictatorship. The Prem are like a bunch of whores, offering themselves to whoever offers money, even blood money. Whitewashing crimes while buying titles and destroying true competition and growth.

I do miss the great stadium which I think is the best on planet Earth but football has become a tragic landscape. I know I might end up a hypocrite who will go straight back but I am not sure I will be as connected as I used to.

Part of this time away from football and while I fucking hate the lockdown I don’t miss football as much as I thought I would, maybe it was the shit we where playing but not sure.

- Currently Crap football with a somewhat flawed squad and a manager whose tactics I am not yet convinced of. Jose admittedly does have a bad hand.

- PFA and players in a time of crisis when their insane wages could bring the clubs down still stuck on a grave train mentality and for me are so disappointing. It really doesn’t help the greedy, thick footballer stereotype

- our initial reaction putting our lowest paid staff on 80% through the government scheme. We reversed it.

- the Newcastle buyout by another brutal dictatorship. The Prem are like a bunch of whores, offering themselves to whoever offers money, even blood money. Whitewashing crimes while buying titles and destroying true competition and growth.

I do miss the great stadium which I think is the best on planet Earth but football has become a tragic landscape. I know I might end up a hypocrite who will go straight back but I am not sure I will be as connected as I used to.

You are not alone in feeling this way.
I’ve tried to work out why Im not missing it either.

I miss football (obvs Spurs in particular) immensely. I may have been known to longingly look at my ST card wondering when I'll be able to use her again.

Congrats Tomo you got there eventually

I'm not missing the actual football at the moment, TBH, and I think that the main reason is because we've not been playing well. I do miss meeting up with my friends though.
However, once it starts up again, I'll be back at the Lane.
It's very hard to justify some of the decisions made by the football hierarchy, they have handled the current situation as badly as can be.

I love Spurs but these days I like rather than love football. Felt that way ever since Chelsea beat Bayern to take our spot, in the same season the Sheik Mansour Team bought their first Prem title. It hammered home just how much money has ruined the sport. The introduction of VAR hasn’t helped either.

Not really missing this season. We’ve been playing poorly and Liverpool were about to win the league. I’d happily see it cancelled.

Of course I still love football

Of course I still love Spurs

Of course I still believe

:mourbringit:

think i'm missing cricket more at the minute tbh.

Still have a shred of hope that Spurs (with a couple of additions) have a challenge left in them.
But the window is closing fast on this squad and a long rebuild is on the horizon.

I dunno the CL final took a lot out of me.

I'll be happy when it returns but I don't think anyone involved in English football has come out of this well. Owners, players, the media, some fans with their desperate insistence on the season being completed. Football seems to exist within a bubble for some people.

Right now there is all this transfer speculation at a time when millions of people are unemployed and struggling. It's pretty fucking sick.

Not missing it as much as I thought I would to be honest. First week or two was difficult but now I'm over it. Usually guides my life so much (plan a lot of other things around football). Think I am enjoying it really and obviously the other half is pleased. Possibility I won't be as arsed again in the future.

Just seeing nice women (something about attraction and attractiveness whatever your preference) and having a drink with mates comes ahead of football but yes, but mostly because football is a huge family and a means to release.

Oh and the eccentric people. Nothing quite like seeing them

I'm disappointed about the postponement of Euros but Covid did us a favour and put an end to a quite horrible season. And footballers moaning about taking even a small pay cut will leave a lasting legacy.

Been doing keepy ups every day.

Trying to convince the boy we can take the small goals to the local park and do crossbar challenges.

He’s not up for it as he knows I will beat him......

Will always love football in one form.

That’s a bit harsh.

:vertna:

I’ve got a serious case of tennis elbow, a seemingly permanently broken toe and a back muscle pain that wont go away.

The current answer.

Wrestling match 5 x a day with a 6ft 15 year old who’s bored out of his mind and has no other physical release.

It’s getting ridiculous tbh. His flexible grappling moves and working on my constant physical pain V my weight advantage - other half just leaves us to it now.

We ever take those goals to the park I’m kicking his ass at a crossbar challenge

:mourbringit:

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom