Do you want us to qualify for the Europa League next season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want us to be in the Europa League next season?

• Total voters
Yes yes fucking YES! So glad that we're in it.
Because:
  • I love European aways
  • I love 1882 matches
  • I love winning things
  • Second possible route to the CL
And most importantly...
  • I believe that Europa next season will make us a stronger team in the long term.More prestige and status as a club, easier for us to sign/keep top players, we are more attractive to a top manager. More chance for our squad to 'gel' by banging in loads of goals against minnows.

I remember how exciting it was to be in Europe in 1999/00. The idea we'd rather not be in it back then would have been absurd. Familiarity seems to be breeding contempt.

Less said about the campaign that year the better, obviously.

I remember how exciting it was to be in Europe in 1999/00. The idea we'd rather not be in it back then would have been absurd. Familiarity seems to be breeding contempt.

Less said about the campaign that year the better, obviously.

Yeah I sometimes reflect on how Spurs fans' attitudes to Europe have changed, but tbf a lot of it is down to how the competition is formatted now. Takes a toll on your domestic campaign, CL losers come in halfway through and win the bloody thing...

I am happy for us to be in Europe, I just wish I had Saturday football back. The atmosphere is, I don't have the knowledge of work looming over my shoulder.

I do also wish the format was different. I don't like league formats in Europe at all but it's tough.

Back
Top Bottom