Does Pochetinos Methods Ruin Players (Bielsa Leeds)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I noticed Leeds are screwing up again having lost 6 in a row or what not. Last year they threw it away also.

Bearing in mind the amount of players we have that are over the hill despite being relatively young - Rose, Wanyama, Davies (constantly injured), Kane (picking up serious injuries 3 seasons in a row), Vertonghen, Alderweireld (dipped a bit).

Does Poch's methods take years of your career? He seems to have killed off quite a few first teamers.

I don't know if their methods take years off of players' careers, but the way their teams keep losing steam at the end of almost every season is quite damning evidence in regard to their training methods.

What baffles me is that after all these years of history repeating itself, they still stick to their ideas. Perhaps they think making a change would be more detrimental and they'd still end up getting better results with their current methods... Otherwise I can't think why they keep persevering with this.

You only need look at Liverpool to see they are a bunch of cunts. Sorry. Unrelated to your post but I felt it needed to be said.

In regards to Leeds it would depend on their injury list and performances compared to a few months ago. Perhaps it is a mental thing. They seem to do this every season.

I can't imagine players like doing double training sessions but I was told that you get fit to play, not the other way around. I can sure as hell remember the game against Sheffield where they managed to string together 50 passes before a goal and iirc only GLC attempted a tackle. The rest of the team shuffled about aimlessly. They looked exhausted.

I noticed Leeds are screwing up again having lost 6 in a row or what not. Last year they threw it away also.

Bearing in mind the amount of players we have that are over the hill despite being relatively young - Rose, Wanyama, Davies (constantly injured), Kane (picking up serious injuries 3 seasons in a row), Vertonghen, Alderweireld (dipped a bit).

Does Poch's methods take years of your career? He seems to have killed off quite a few first teamers.
There is evidence to support it, but it also must be put into context. For instance, we most certainly did not finish poorly in every one of Pochs seasons with us. In 16/17 and 17/18 in particular we finished very strongly. And in regard to Leeds, Bielsa is working absolute miracles to have them anywhere near competing at the top. It’s a mid table championship squad at best, arguably worse than last seasons, that has been hit hard by injuries. If he manages to get them promoted it will be a legit miracle.

Back
Top Bottom