Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Two poor results on the bounce. We've won two game in our last six games since we had that glorious night in Manchester.

Knocked out of the FA Cup in the process but in that time we have made it through to the last 16 of this European competition where we meet one of the best teams in Europe right now in Dortmund.

Let's put these two past London derby results behind us and push on. I wouldn't mind seeing some rotation for this one but stay relatively strong.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane
Full backs come back in as they tend to do in this rotation. Dier and Dembele to start central midfield, if we're going to progress in this tournament this away tie is going to be the important one. I'd bring Chadli in for Alli who didn't look fully fit today. Lamela has to start considering he's our top goalscorer in the competition and seems to flourish under the lights.

This will be a good test for our players with the heights of the Champions League potentially on the horizon. Dortmund will be there next season and we may even end up in the same group as them. They will go strong for this, perhaps rotating one or two but their big guys in Reus, Aubamayeng, Mhkitaryan will all be starting so we'll have to be alert.

--

Where?
Westfalenstadion.
81,000+ capacty.
Dortmund have lost 1 game there all season, 0-1 to PAOK in the group stages.
71 goals scored by them at home in all competitions.

When?
10th March 2016
Live on BT Sports
18:00 KO

Prediction?
2-1 loss.
Lamela getting the all important away goal to take back to WHL

After today I don't know if I really want to go through in this. I would rather be fit and fresh for the prem. It's a shame I'm thinking this way as it is such a great match :(

What happened in the chess tourney?

Totti cheated his way through it, got find out, and since then has refused to acknowledge it at all. Instead of owning up and being a man about it, he just pretends it hasn't happened and ignores any posts about it. Shameful and arrogant tosser.

And so soon after we drop points against the scum he is sitting here writing his long match thread, trying to convince us all he's been supporting Spurs all his life. He came onto this forum as a Roma fan with a side interest in Spurs. Now he loves Spurs and is so affected by a game against the scum that he's polishing his nob on his next football manager thread already.

Totti cheated his way through it, got find out, and since then has refused to acknowledge it at all. Instead of owning up and being a man about it, he just pretends it hasn't happened and ignores any posts about it. Shameful and arrogant tosser.

And so soon after we drop points against the scum he is sitting here writing his long match thread, trying to convince us all he's been supporting Spurs all his life. He came onto this forum as a Roma fan with a side interest in Spurs. Now he loves Spurs and is so affected by a game against the scum that he's polishing his nob on his next football manager thread already.
That-Escalated-Quickly.jpg

Our league position is not certain yet, while I don't think we will catch Lecister we could be caught ourselves. Getting second would be a huge achievement and with Champions League football we could attract the very best players and get better and better for next season.

For that reason and concern for running out of steam I would not be against resting a lot of players for this, the likes of Dier and Kane who hardly get any time off. Not great against a team as strong as Dortmund but Villa is a bigger game than Dortmund in the grand scheme of things. Let's not be deluded fans, and pretend fatigue doesn't exist. I'd be very surprised if Poch doesn't rest anyone for the two leg clash.

What in the fuck kind of match thread is this?

We're gonna lay the beat down on these fuckers so hard that it makes Rodney King wince!!!

More of this:
ay_110806211-e1369583860515.jpg

And this:

article-0-19FFD3A1000005DC-23_634x467.jpg

Some of this:

article-2331070-19FFF174000005DC-23_634x435.jpg

Dortmund didn't look good today neither did Bayern - we'll have a good chance against them IMO
Neither of them looked as ruthless as they can be. Quite surprised considering that a win for Dortmund in front of their home fans would have put them just 2 points behind Bayern Munich with momentum in their favour.

Our league position is not certain yet, while I don't think we will catch Lecister we could be caught ourselves. Getting second would be a huge achievement and with Champions League football we could attract the very best players and get better and better for next season.

For that reason and concern for running out of steam I would not be against resting a lot of players for this, the likes of Dier and Kane who hardly get any time off. Not great against a team as strong as Dortmund but Villa is a bigger game than Dortmund in the grand scheme of things. Let's not be deluded fans, and pretend fatigue doesn't exist. I'd be very surprised if Poch doesn't rest anyone for the two leg clash.

I'd go a step further and suggest that Poch should rest Kane and Dier, maybe even Alli. The priority now is to consolidate our spot in the top 4 and we can't underestimate the pressure from the teams just below us. I know it's not very To Dare Is To Do, but we can't ignore the soft spots in our squad as it gets into squeaky bum time in the league.

Can all league game threads be started by Gatsby Gatsby please, at least until his winning streak ends.

You want to win the league? Then let him start match threads. It's that simple, no it has nothing to do with the players or who we play, it's all down to him .

Thank you. This is a party political broadcast for the Gatsby Gatsby thread starting party.

buzzing for this, flying out on wednesday to cologne and flying back to london friday at 9pm. still haven't booked any accomm... where is all the fun going to be happening?

Pretty sure Poch will rotate full backs and maybe a good call to rest Harry and Dier

Try Son up front with Onomah coming on at half time if he still isn't showing earlier form

Mason and Bentelab midfield?

I'd also rest Hugo

Back
Top Bottom