Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably some woolwich cunt on the paint wankers’ social media team getting a dig in.

Can’t even get his facts right.

Last time I checked we have the illustrious Audi Cup taking pride of place in our cabinet.

Imagine forgetting that. Stupid cunt.

:pocheyes:

Let's be serious here - it's the THFC social media team that need to be sacked,
It's honestly like they have no fucking clue we're a football club and that the only reason anyone follows the social media feeds is because of the football.
Horrific performance against Newcastle, 3 points thrown away against Man United, top 4 keeps getting served up on a fucking plate and we throw it back.

And we get an announcement on social media of a deal with fucking Dulux.
It must be worth peanuts in the grand scheme of things. How about you get us the hundreds of millions in stadium sponsortship and start the painful fucking rebuild.

If I were Levy the agreed upon amount that Dulux sponsors us with just got doubled.

Don't break the sponsorship. Force an apology from whoever thought he was funny and increase the amount of money we make off of it.

Let Dulux cover our transfer window.

So a brand new club sponsor immediately jumps on the tired and boring empty trophy cabinet bandwagon. If the club had any sense they would tell Dulux to shove their sponsorship up their holes. How will we shift the image this club has unless there is a mentality shift. Can't be allowing supposed business partners publicly mock the club

Just a few points that sprung to mind whilst reading the last few pages.

Early 60s, I think we were the biggest club. First double winners, first British European trophy winners

The two titles we did win, were different in that they marked out a style, push and run and to what some say was the greatest English side

And it's always been about style for me. a way of doing things, with a flourish as Blanchflower would say.
That's part of why I think we were hated so much in the early 80s, for thinking we were the Madrid of London, that swagger, even off the pitch with the flotation
I rewatched the Man City replay final numerous times over the years; haven't even watched a minute of highlights of the QPR replay win. Or the League Cup v Leicester with Graham. The same with the Goon semi final, watched 15 mins or last 15 every day before work for about 6 months after, yet the forest final, hardly at all.

Of course a club our size should have probably won more this last 20 years, but in this time of oligarchs, it has become harder, and to be in the mix, last four etc, against such wealth is an achievement of sorts.
To get to a Champions League final, with a team I think that cost .83 of a Pogba (Dembele instead of Sissoko) is bettered in modern times only by Athletico Madrid.

Even in that 'failure' as some call it, there were still echoes of glory - the City quarter final, the Ajax semi - 2 of the greatest Champs leagues games ever, in terms of drama. But in that 20 years, I realise that a lot of cup success is down to luck. Not only the draw (Goons 'achieved cup 'glory' by beating a relegated Villa and Hull, as Guido said). We lost semis against United, Chelsea, a final against Chelsea. Portsmouth was the real opportunity missed. Even if we'd beat Newcastle in that semi we'd have faced a very good Goon side in the final. And luck also in Madrid. That 'handball' allowed even a Liverpool who weren't allowed to find their rhythm, to sit back and happily play on the break, their speciality, in 30 degrees heat, knowing another single fuck up by us would have put the game to bed.

Even playing our best football, the Leicester and Chelsea seasons under Poch, it was our bad luck to be better than them and play in Europe, whilst they had a game a week. The table lies in that it doesn't tell the whole story.

And for those of you who do care about bantz on twitter with other fans, a Carabao won't solve your problem. In fact, just getting to that Champs league final did cause your online protagonists no end of misery and angst for a month.

Fans wise, real fans, I would place us in third place in England. How do I calculate that? Not from google, who tend to use twitter followers, from countries that have caught onto Premier League post '92. I don't think any other team in England apart from United would have had our away following after relegation (Chelsea would do one off, set piece turn outs, very few and far between)

A metric I use is how much support would you get if you were relegated? (Geordies proved they were big enough, albeit one city) A bit like how Northern Rock were said to be the biggest bank mortgage market share wise just before the crash and they went tits up.
We did, and would again. Chelsea certainly not, even had to discount and advertise their Champs league group stages quite often. Goons, achieved under Wenger when Prem league took off, and many African fans especially due to their French African players, jumped on board. Not real fans who'd turn up if things went AWOL; their support for me is transient.

Every club can be bantered, success or not. Don't don't do Talk sport but apparently they had a daily Woolwich segment. I think they only had one official trophy winning year between 1953 and 1979; have moved grounds numerous times; tried to merge with Fulham; had to be bailed out by Rangers financially, had numerous players and managers up on charges 'The Woolwich Way'

We are not a "proper big team" we have NEVER been one!!! WE flirted at being one for about 2yrs under Bill Nic.
This is just not true mate. It really isn't.

First club to achieve the double post ww2

First English club to win a major European trophy

4th most decorated club in England pre 2000 (ENIC)

Highest ever recorded home attendance in England

Best supported club in the country throughout the 1950s

First club to break the 100k transfer barrier

Only club, other than Utd, to win a major trophy every decade since the 40's
(Up until recently)

The list is endless.

Why do our own fans seem so keen to belittle their own football club .

Last edited:
We truly are a shit show of a club ain’t we ? Literally the laughing stock of the premier league every single season and we just don’t help ourselves. If people ain’t laughing at us in regards to our pathetic trophy less haul, they are taking the piss out of sponsorship deals etc. It’s a joke and the club literally have zero awareness when posting shite. A joke club run by money men that care only about profit than on field success.

Until we get over the line we will continue to be mocked. That's why I was so desperate for the CL - never again could anyone talk shit if we brought that pot home.

Alas, we didn't. So until we win a major honour this will be a stick to beat us with and rightly so.

We should definitely have won at least an FA Cup over the last 5/6 years with the teams we had.

Couldn’t agree more mate. All spurs fans ever talk about when they try and defend us is “but we had such a great team in Europe”, yep a great team that won fuck all. A team that failed at the last hurdle every single season. Until we start bagging trophies away , fans and other people will continue to rip into us and rightly so. For a club of our size and structure, our trophy record is absolutely abysmal. 1 league cup in over 20 years is piss poor when you consider A) the size of the club and B) the players we have had down the years. How has this club done nothing ? We just always seem to be the ones people laugh at. We never get a break as a club. It’s not being over dramatic, it’s the bloody truth

It's honestly like they have no fucking clue we're a football club and that the only reason anyone follows the social media feeds is because of the football.
Horrific performance against Newcastle, 3 points thrown away against Man United, top 4 keeps getting served up on a fucking plate and we throw it back.

And we get an announcement on social media of a deal with fucking Dulux.
It must be worth peanuts in the grand scheme of things. How about you get us the hundreds of millions in stadium sponsortship and start the painful fucking rebuild.

In fairness, I’m fairly sure that our social media team aren’t the ones negotiating the sponsorship deals!

How is that the social media teams fault?

Back
Top Bottom