Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More excuses from a spurs fan that can’t accept how the club incredibly underachieves every season. My glass might be empty, but I have every reason to have that attitude and so do the vast majority of Spurs fans who are sick to death of the club promising so much, yet delivering so little. Like I say, you keep on waxing lyrical over good football and falling at the last hurdle. I feel sorry for you with that losers attitude. No wonder why this club are such ultimate losers when we have supporters that just accept it. All the other fans of top clubs don’t accept failure, just a shame people like you do.
So wait, I'm the reason why you are crying tears into your pillow tonight!!! I'm the reason why you wank over Chelsea and are envious of them. And this club would achieve more if I adopted your attitude!!.

Hahahaha

So break this down for me. In order to be you, the example of what a supporter should be, I should do what specifically? Please make a list so we can all join in. Why don't you send the list out to all Spurs fans, we'll be winners.

You're talking shit. The FA Cup was arguably more prestigious than the league when we won the bulk of them. And many of our great moments have been truly iconic with iconic teams and players, doing the double, first English team to win any European trophy, first to win the CWC and Uefa Cup. Yes, we are going through a lean spell. But to suggest we're not a big club is just not true. Financially and in terms of support we also have the metrics of a big club.
The FA Cup was a prestigious Cup, I never ever said it wasn't. Winning the Legaue has and is always the biggest of the lot. ANd I haven't said they weren't great moments, so where the fuck did you pull that line out from?

I fucking know all our history mate, no need to repeat it, I'm proud of what we have done, unlike Don. The thing is it doesn't come close to what the other teams have achieved. Winning 19 League champs vs 2 is an example of that. We've only played in CL (plus European Cup) like 6 times in our entire history! We are a great club, just a long way off those other clubs mentioned. We are in the top 6 highest/biggest(whatever adjective should be used) clubs in the country BUT a very big distance from multiple metrics if you want to get into a cock measuring contest over it.

So why were you saying we are traditionally a smaller club? Even after 20 years of ENIC we've still won more silverware.
You seem to be tying yourself up in knots here.
What?! I'm not!

I'm saying we are nowhere near the clubs mentioned on that list. eg we've won 2 League Titles to Utd's 19, LFC's 18, Woolwich 13!!! That's a massive difference.

Why have you gone quiet on the fanbase size? Have you googled it and it caught you by surprise or something?

I think it was probably Dulux telling them to delete it. It was an attempt at some corporate Twitter banter that ended up being massively inappropriate.

I personally can't stand it when corporate accounts try to be funny in the hope of going viral even at the best of times.
That's where the following meme becomes useful:

90a.jpg

What?! I'm not!

I'm saying we are nowhere near the clubs mentioned on that list. eg we've won 2 League Titles to Utd's 19, LFC's 18, Woolwich 13!!! That's a massive difference.

Why have you gone quiet on the fanbase size? Have you googled it and it caught you by surprise or something?
So you’re saying that we are a small club????

Wow 😳

What?! I'm not!

Woolwich have only won a single European trophy, the CWC when it was becoming less and less prestigious.

So wait, I'm the reason why you are crying tears into your pillow tonight!!! I'm the reason why you wank over Chelsea and are envious of them. And this club would achieve more if I adopted your attitude!!.

Hahahaha

So break this down for me. In order to be you, the example of what a supporter should be, I should do what specifically? Please make a list so we can all join in. Why don't you send the list out to all Spurs fans, we'll be winners.

like I say, your defeatist attitude sickens me. The whole “were spurs and we shouldn’t expect success” bullshit. Making constant excuses for our failings. You resemble exactly what is wrong with club. Losers mentality. Then make out you are some great supporter just because you get all giddy over good football.

like I say, your defeatist attitude sickens me. The whole “were spurs and we shouldn’t expect success” bullshit. Making constant excuses for our failings. You resemble exactly what is wrong with club. Losers mentality. Then make out you are some great supporter just because you get all giddy over good football.
Where's the list of things you do that I don't? Let's make Spurs winners together.

The FA Cup was a prestigious Cup, I never ever said it wasn't. Winning the Legaue has and is always the biggest of the lot. ANd I haven't said they weren't great moments, so where the fuck did you pull that line out from?

I fucking know all our history mate, no need to repeat it, I'm proud of what we have done, unlike Don. The thing is it doesn't come close to what the other teams have achieved. Winning 19 League champs vs 2 is an example of that. We've only played in CL (plus European Cup) like 6 times in our entire history! We are a great club, just a long way off those other clubs mentioned. We are in the top 6 highest/biggest(whatever adjective should be used) clubs in the country BUT a very big distance from multiple metrics if you want to get into a cock measuring contest over it.

You changed the goal posts. You were proud of the club playing good football and achieving nothing under Pochettino, and talked about how trophies ain’t the be end and all. Now you are saying you are proud of our Fa cup history ? Make your mind up mate. You are going around in circles. I’m not proud of a club that goes 20 years + and barely wins a trophy, but I’m proud of our history because we were once a very successful club. Success based on actually winning trophies by the way. Not playing fancy football and achieving fuck all. That’s not success mate.

You changed the goal posts. You were proud of the club playing good football and achieving nothing under Pochettino, and talked about how trophies ain’t the be end and all. Now you are saying you are proud of our Fa cup history ? Make your mind up mate. You are going around in circles. I’m not proud of a club that goes 20 years + and barely wins a trophy, but I’m proud of our history because we were once a very successful club. Success based on actually winning trophies by the way. Not playing fancy football and achieving fuck all. That’s not success mate.
It is to Poch Fanbois though

You told me to stop using fan base size as a metric!

But as you've bought it up again yourself, you said earlier, while sucking off Chelsea, that their fan base dwarfed ours.

I asked you if had they had endured the meagre success we've endured of just one Carling cup in 20 odd years do you think they would have the same huge fan base that Spurs enjoy today?

What's your answer?

I was proud of us under Poch.
I'm proud of our record (all of it, not just FA Cups).
I'm proud to be a Tottenham fan.
Trophies aren't the be-all and end-all
DIdn't realise this was the Spanish fucking Inquisition.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding you may have.

I was proud of us under Poch.
I'm proud of our record (all of it, not just FA Cups).
I'm proud to be a Tottenham fan.
Trophies aren't the be-all and end-all
DIdn't realise this was the Spanish fucking Inquisition.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding you may have.
Oh dear!!!

:levylol::mourpointlaugh::walker-scream::adegrin2::harrylol::crouch::sherwoodlol::akabusi:

You told me to stop using fan base size as a metric!

But as you've bought it up again yourself, you said earlier, while sucking off Chelsea, that their fan base dwarfed ours.

I asked you if had they had endured the meagre success we've endured of just one Carling cup in 20 odd years do you think they would have the same huge fan base that Spurs enjoy today?

What's your answer?
No, I didn't tell you to stop using fanbase as a metric, I was asking you why are you so obsessed with using it as a yardstick. I also mentioned if you want to use it as a dick measuring contest then you will observe that we are miles and miles and miles behind the clubs mentioned on fanbase size. So all you've done is prove that Spurs have a substantial small fanbase than those clubs mentioned, I don't think that was your intention. Maybe you were unaware of this and thought because we have been the only Club that has played their home games in New Wembley and filled it up a couple of times meant that our fanbases are bigger than there's? Who knows what you meant, that's why I was asking for your clarification, which you ignored.

I don't recall you asking me that, sorry if I missed it, John. My answer would be no of course not. All their success has come post Roman. What's the point here?

Chelsea and Woolwich may have won more trophies than us, particularly recently, but still they look on at us with a mixture of hate and envy. Because neither has that special elixir, that mystical something that puts the Tottenham in Hotspur. If you measure greatness by how much hate you inspire, we're the biggest club in London by some distance. And we don't even need to win things to keep on being the biggest. If you ask Chelsea, Woolwich or West Ham fans why they feel this way they will struggle to articulate the reason. We just have something they never will, and no matter how many trophies they win it forever stays out of their reach.

Back
Top Bottom