ECL - Spurs vs NS Mura, Thursday 30th Sept at 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But Gil has been getting a bit too much hype, in my opinion. His talent is obvious but his lack of end product is clearly noticeable. I have no doubts he'll be a fine player for us, but people need to calm down a bit at times over him, in my opinion.
Agree with that 100%. But also nothing can defend Winks. Hes a lost cause.

Agree with that 100%. But also nothing can defend Winks. Hes a lost cause.

Yeah, he needs to go. But he's not alone, and I certainly don't think he's a coward which gets thrown about here. Just an average player that needs to be playing week in, week out for a lesser team.

Usually just comes down to agendas, as mentioned. I can't stand Ndombele. I think he's over-rated, nowhere near as talented as some try to make him out to be and on top of that his attitude and mentality are fucking awful. But if he has a good game, and as a Spurs fan I want him to have good games, then I'll happily give credit.

If Gil plays well against poor oppositions he looks a prospect, yet if Winks does it's only because the other team is so shit. If Harry scores against poor opposition, as all the top strikers around do, it's only because he's padding his stats and is something that should be criticised.

This place is absolutely mental.
As someone else stated, Gil has potential and winks is a known quantity at this point. Not that hard to understand.

And the Kane haters (Sammy and Sammys alt) are never going to admit being wrong.

Usually just comes down to agendas, as mentioned. I can't stand Ndombele. I think he's over-rated, nowhere near as talented as some try to make him out to be and on top of that his attitude and mentality are fucking awful. But if he has a good game, and as a Spurs fan I want him to have good games, then I'll happily give credit.

If Gil plays well against poor oppositions he looks a prospect, yet if Winks does it's only because the other team is so shit. If Harry scores against poor opposition, as all the top strikers around do, it's only because he's padding his stats and is something that should be criticised.

This place is absolutely mental.

In terms of Gil versus Winks one of the reasons I give Gil more credit that Winks in a game like yesterday is that you can see that with more experience a lot of what Gil is doing will translate to the PL and could turn out to him being very useful for us.

With Winks yesterday he was still not making quality passes, still way too safe and only looked "better" because Mura sat back so much that he had the wide open space that he needs to make forward passes. We have already see that when the teams improve and the space is taken away Winks can't translate that to put out similar performances.

Gil may not turn out and it may be that even with experience he has the same struggles to translate his game when the opponent improves, but with Winks we know tis is the case. We have repeatedly seen that it is not his play that has improved just that when given zero pressure and wide open spaces he finally is able to make passes and that doesn't happen when playing against PL level teams.

Winks in blue. CB (which ever one) in bib.
this is so interesting to me lol real madrid GIF

Back
Top Bottom