ECL - Spurs vs NS Mura, Thursday 30th Sept at 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think what the game showed is we have a real problem with squad depth. we were poor against a league 2 level team until we brought on the big guns.

I think it shows something a lot deeper TBH. Other teams like Brentford and Brighton have seriously average players but they play well in a good system.

Our football is basic, it relies on Individual players pulling rabbits out of the hat, that why when Son or Kane don’t play we look poor. The movement of the team in attacking phases is more on the manager than players. We are a very poorly coached team and have been for a while now that’s why we are reliant on the brilliance of our elite players almost totally.

Given how polarised fans were about Parker, I wouldn't say 60-70% of Parker is a good thing though.

Agreed. Just think fans should temper their expectations and give the kid space rather than expect him to be the centre of our team and watch him fail.

I'm not gonna lie, I think Kante is a more valuable player.

Any fan who thought Parker was average or poor needs their fucking eyes checked, he was brilliant for us till his body declined.

He was decent. But people here have agendas. Winks. Kane.... No matter what they do or how they perform, it won't be good enough. There's some genuinely decent posters on this site but there's also a bunch of absolute shit-munchers.
I massively respect most of your posts on the subject of football, but to me it's plain obvious that, over an extended period of time, Winks has proved that he's not quite good enough for my own 'Spurs aspirations'. I want to see another Modric or another Dembele - solid, but also able to push the play forwards. Winks is not that player - and he wasn't that player again last night. If he was 'decent', then 'decent' isn't good enough. We were playing a bunch of plumbers.

I'm not gonna lie, I think Kante is a more valuable player.

Jesus, really?

Kante sometimes gets benched by Tuchel! And he had a period under Lampard of being benched too. Nobody benches a fully fit De Bruyne under any circumstances because he's one of the best PL midfielders ever. Period.

The man is Beckham on steroids. 19/20 season when he was fully fit he bagged 13 goals 20 assists in the Prem alone, and he's no set piece/men merchant either. And we're not talking a Dele Alliesque AM/SS, he plays in central midfield and does the pressing and dirty work too.

Kante is a fantastic ball winner with an incredible engine but I honestly think KDB is just a different level. Would you really prefer Kante if offered one of the two? Whenever he's consistently fit for City they're on a different level entirely. His only issue is the injuries.

I massively respect most of your posts on the subject of football, but to me it's plain obvious that, over an extended period of time, Winks has proved that he's not quite good enough for my own 'Spurs aspirations'. I want to see another Modric or another Dembele - solid, but also able to push the play forwards. Winks is not that player - and he wasn't that player again last night. If he was 'decent', then 'decent' isn't good enough. We were playing a bunch of plumbers.

Winks isn't good enough and shouldn't be at the club, along with about 10 other players. But he did put in a decent performance last night, albeit against dog shit opposition. But he gets far too much abuse by some (not aimed at you) when others offer as little as he does but don't get half the shit.

Winks isn't good enough and shouldn't be at the club, along with about 10 other players. But he did put in a decent performance last night, albeit against dog shit opposition. But he gets far too much abuse by some (not aimed at you) when others offer as little as he does but don't get half the shit.
Who?

Given how polarised fans were about Parker, I wouldn't say 60-70% of Parker is a good thing though.

Fans weren't particularly polarised about Parker..... Former EPL & Spurs POTY FFS!

Agreed. Just think fans should temper their expectations and give the kid space rather than expect him to be the centre of our team and watch him fail.

Yeh.... YOU (and your ilk) should..... You're the once using words like "star" and using Kante as a measuring stick!!!

He’s a DM, he covers, he tackles, he passes pretty well. He does the DM role and he does it good, he is not Eriksen and will not become Eriksen. It’s not Skipps fault that players further ahead of him like Dele aren’t doing their roles properly.
Agree and he’s better at those tasks than PEH

It's really fucking sad when people can't give due credit for what was clearly one of the best performers on the pitch last night.

Usually just comes down to agendas, as mentioned. I can't stand Ndombele. I think he's over-rated, nowhere near as talented as some try to make him out to be and on top of that his attitude and mentality are fucking awful. But if he has a good game, and as a Spurs fan I want him to have good games, then I'll happily give credit.

If Gil plays well against poor oppositions he looks a prospect, yet if Winks does it's only because the other team is so shit. If Harry scores against poor opposition, as all the top strikers around do, it's only because he's padding his stats and is something that should be criticised.

This place is absolutely mental.

Usually just comes down to agendas, as mentioned. I can't stand Ndombele. I think he's over-rated, nowhere near as talented as some try to make him out to be and on top of that his attitude and mentality are fucking awful. But if he has a good game, and as a Spurs fan I want him to have good games, then I'll happily give credit.

If Gil plays well against poor oppositions he looks a prospect, yet if Winks does it's only because the other team is so shit. If Harry scores against poor opposition, as all the top strikers around do, it's only because he's padding his stats and is something that should be criticised.

This place is absolutely mental.

I wish I doubted his talent. It would make it far less annoying when I think about how useless he's generally been for us.

I wish I doubted his talent. It would make it far less annoying when I think about how useless he's generally been for us.

He has talent, don't get me wrong, but people genuinely talk like he's up there with the best in the world and it's only his attitude that lets him down. He's nowhere near.

He has talent, don't get me wrong, but people genuinely talk like he's up there with the best in the world and it's only his attitude that lets him down. He's nowhere near.

I honestly think if he wasn't a petulant man baby he could end up being one of the best in his role in world football. He's got some fantastic natural ability - low centre of gravity, he can glide past players, his ball manipulation is genuinely excellent too. His passing is really good too, numerous times under Mourinho he broke through the lines with a carefully picked pass.

Not currently one of the best though, or even close to it. But all the tools were there imo. If he worked hard at his fitness on the training ground every day, fine tuned his game, listened to the coaches .. he could have been incredible.

Back
Top Bottom