ECL - Spurs vs NS Mura, Thursday 30th Sept at 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So is Kante and look what that freakish little fucker offers.
People making comments this season about Skipp being a future captain. Nope.
At least, not until he adds a bit more to his game that tracking players and passing sideways.
So now we're comparing skipp to kante who has 2 premier league medals, champions league, world cup and has 10 years experience on him. Thats just ridiculous

I honestly think if he wasn't a petulant man baby he could end up being one of the best in his role in world football. He's got some fantastic natural ability - low centre of gravity, he can glide past players, his ball manipulation is genuinely excellent too. His passing is really good too, numerous times under Mourinho he broke through the lines with a carefully picked pass.

Not currently one of the best though, or even close to it. But all the tools were there imo. If he worked hard at his fitness on the training ground every day, fine tuned his game, listened to the coaches .. he could have been incredible.

Potentially he can be very good. But he isn't and is unlikely to ever be. At best he will be a moments player. One of his biggest problems is that all of the best teams around like to press, and he's incapable of that. So even if he was at a bigger club playing with better players, he would look completely out of place as he's unable to move other than a 5 or 10 yard dash with the ball. He's a luxury player but not one that any decent side will want to accommodate in an ideal world.

Potentially he can be very good. But he isn't and is unlikely to ever be. At best he will be a moments player. One of his biggest problems is that all of the best teams around like to press, and he's incapable of that. So even if he was at a bigger club playing with better players, he would look completely out of place as he's unable to move other than a 5 or 10 yard dash with the ball. He's a luxury player but not one that any decent side will want to accommodate in an ideal world.

Yeah, it's very much about about what he *could* have been rather than what he is. The natural talent he possesses is considerable, far more than many players who have made it at top clubs. The difference is they're prepared to run and are aware of their limitations. They fit in to the tactical setup, basically.

It's one hell of a shame. Ndombele has a whole bunch of attributes you can't really train in to a player but it doesn't mean a thing when the attributes you can train, the ones that require hard graft, he's not interested in bothering with.

Yeah, it's very much about about what he *could* have been rather than what he is. The natural talent he possesses is considerable, far more than many players who have made it at top clubs. The difference is they're prepared to run and are aware of their limitations. They fit in to the tactical setup, basically.

It's one hell of a shame. Ndombele has a whole bunch of attributes you can't really train in to a player but it doesn't mean a thing when the attributes you can train, the ones that require hard graft, he's not interested in bothering with.

Well, as things stands I would be brave enough to just let him be a luxury player for us right now. I'd have Skipp and Hojbjerg holding and allow Ndombele to just do his thing behind Kane and Son. With two behind him he wouldn't have to worry at all about what's happening behind him. He would have no excuse not to perform them.

Lloris

Emerson
Romero
Rodon
Sanchez
Reguilon

Hojbjerg
Skipp
Ndombele

Kane
Son

I'm tired of playing with wide players when what we have is pretty average. Lucas Moura and Bergwijn just don't score enough. Gil is still learning and adapting, and I don't expect him to make a proper impact until next season at the earliest.

Jesus, really?

Kante sometimes gets benched by Tuchel! And he had a period under Lampard of being benched too. Nobody benches a fully fit De Bruyne under any circumstances because he's one of the best PL midfielders ever. Period.

The man is Beckham on steroids. 19/20 season when he was fully fit he bagged 13 goals 20 assists in the Prem alone, and he's no set piece/men merchant either. And we're not talking a Dele Alliesque AM/SS, he plays in central midfield and does the pressing and dirty work too.

Kante is a fantastic ball winner with an incredible engine but I honestly think KDB is just a different level. Would you really prefer Kante if offered one of the two? Whenever he's consistently fit for City they're on a different level entirely. His only issue is the injuries.

Kante is the sort of player that allows the attackers to be more expressive. City play with a DM as well that allows KDB the security to roam. Spurs were best when we had the likes of Dembele and/or Wanyama in the middle. Those were big strong guys though. Kante is smaller and far more agile and covers more ground. As some one else said, it's like having 2 players on the pitch. He's been in and out under Touchel because he's had a few injury problems as far as I'm aware. He missed their loss to Juve through Covid and only lasted 60 minutes Vs City - games they lost.

So now we're comparing skipp to kante who has 2 premier league medals, champions league, world cup and has 10 years experience on him. Thats just ridiculous
Kante was 24 when he signed for Leicester and was the engine in their title winning season. He was as good then as he is now. Skip has 3 years to get to that level or anywhere near it. IMO, resting our hopes on him isn't good for him. Fans did it with Winks, he never got there and now everyone hates him. Maybe it's the fans, not the players.

People were loving stats saying how shit we were.

Touches - 104 (1st)
Passes 92/96 - 96% (1st)
Long 7/9 - 78%
Key Passes - 3 (1st) | Assists - 1
Dribbles (Completed) - 1(1)
Duals (Won) (Ground|Aerial) - 5(7) | 2(2)
Dribbled Past - 0
Possession Lost - 5 (=1st with Skipp)
Fouls(Fouled) - 2(2)
Tackles | Interceptions - 1 | 1
Minutes played - 90

It's great to have you as one of the main contributors, though.

peas GIF

People still putting Skipp up on a pedestal. Other than 1 penetrating run and shot wide, he spent the whole of the first half doing helicopter arms and passing sideways.
He has decent energy and does put a shift in, but I'm yet to see him do much with the ball that makes me think he has the potential to be a star.
He was playing next to Winks though

If Gil plays well against poor oppositions he looks a prospect, yet if Winks does it's only because the other team is so shit. If Harry scores against poor opposition, as all the top strikers around do, it's only because he's padding his stats and is something that should be criticised.
Thats because Gil is much younger and hence is a prospect. Theres room for growth. We've already seen winks against PL teams. He is 5 years older. He is just never going to be good for a PL team.

Nothing at all should be made of last night folks.
Anyone who did well shouldn't be the next saviour, anyone that didn't shouldn't be written off.

It was a nothing game against opposition who for the majority of the game just committed fouls everywhere.

When Kante was the same age as Skipp he had not even made his debut for Boulogne. Skipp is ahead of where Kante was at the same age.
And when he started playing for Cean aged 22 they got promoted and subsequently stayed up. Then he went to Leicester and they won the title

The guy just makes teams better. In the same style the Carrick and Modric could just improve an entire team. That's what Kante has about him.

This team for the last 3 years has had no identity. We have the players to actually play poch system but never seem to do it and just plug players in positions . Ndombele and locelso is supposed to play the eriksen part but due to injuries and inconsistent play that hasnt happened. Dele cannot play midfield he has to play as a roaming ten with son doing the same with Lo celso or Ndombele joining in and doing the same this movement use to fuck up defenses because your not sure who is gonna be where. If this system gonna be played we need two solid dm and two roaming fullbacks. The biggest issue for me is our pressing, we suck at it and Woolwich showed us how much we sucked at it even this team full of so called farmers can beat it so why continue it.

Thats because Gil is much younger and hence is a prospect. Theres room for growth. We've already seen winks against PL teams. He is 5 years older. He is just never going to be good for a PL team.

But Gil has been getting a bit too much hype, in my opinion. His talent is obvious but his lack of end product is clearly noticeable. I have no doubts he'll be a fine player for us, but people need to calm down a bit at times over him, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom