Eddie Howe

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He isn't as bad as some make out, still not good enough for us but the way we are going he may well be the leading candidate.
As long as Levy is in charge he is actually to good for us, nobody needs to be set up to take the fall for our odious ownership in my opinion. The only person who has managerial experience who should consider this is someone who needs the money. For the life of me I cannot see why anyone who is not as desperate as we are would take it. Whoever gets the job will be fired with a diminished reputation and a stress induced rash that no cream will ever clear up.
i am both ashamed and embarrassed by our ownership

Good attack coach but light at the back. A poor man’s Potter but still probably better than Fonseca or Gatusso, he at least knows the league and can work with dross. But it would still be crap.

Funny to think how Ten Hag and Potter where below a lot of fans expectations, you’d now be stark raving bonkers to turn either down. They would be stark raving bonkers to come here with Levy being a total idiot.

Good attack coach but light at the back. A poor man’s Potter but still probably better than Fonseca or Gatusso, he at least knows the league and can work with dross. But it would still be crap.

Funny to think how Ten Hag and Potter where below a lot of fans expectations, you’d now be stark raving bonkers to turn either down. They would be stark raving bonkers to come here with Levy being a total idiot.

Ten Hag and Potter were my initial choices, and I preferred either to Poch too - would be very happy with one of them now.

Id definitely prefer Howe to Gattuso, but Fonseca was growing on me and I think Id rather gamble on him if it were between the two.

Ten Hag and Potter were my initial choices, and I preferred either to Poch too - would be very happy with one of them now.

Id definitely prefer Howe to Gattuso, but Fonseca was growing on me and I think Id rather gamble on him if it were between the two.

Yeh fair. Howe was quite a big name for a while and took Bournemouth up divisions playing good football. He was known to get the best out of players and improve them but when things turned he wasn’t able to correct and some of his buys were not that great.

Comes across as a very good coach but a poor manager. But we would really need a Bournemouth fan to confirm one way or the other. I still would prefer him to Martinez or Southgate. Let’s put it that way.

Yeh fair. Howe was quite a big name for a while and took Bournemouth up divisions playing good football. He was known to get the best out of players and improve them but when things turned he wasn’t able to correct and some of his buys were not that great.

Comes across as a very good coach but a poor manager. But we would really need a Bournemouth fan to confirm one way or the other. I still would prefer him to Martinez or Southgate. Let’s put it that way.
When things start to turning in the wrong way under levy you have no time to correct it 🤔

If we end up with a manager that has been a free agent since August 2020, then it begs the question why its taken this long to sign him.

It may reveal one of two things:

1. Levy has ballsed up multiple other first choice acquisitions
2. Eddie Howe was the plan all along but for some reason Levy was in no rush....and preferred to save the cash

Either way, absplutely farcical before a European tournament where a manager would have the easy chance to scout many players in a short space of time.

All our debt is long dated so he is gaslighting us. There will always be a reason for poverty even if £5bn sat in the bank.
Trying to explain this to my dad yesterday.
I used 2nd house for an analogy.
If I got a £200k mortgage from the bank to buy a £250k flat at £550 p/m and rent if out for £850 p/m I'm not £200k in debt. I'm actually making money.
I'm not sure he understood.

Genuinely, I wonder if Howe would want to work under a DoF, always had the impression he wanted more control at a club.

That said, I certainly dont want him in, his teams are proved to have no steel or no ruthless edge. Just nicey nicey attacking football as likely to score 3 as concede 4.

Big fan of his for a long time, watching them come up through the leagues, but there came a point where the 'next steps' just didnt happen. The defence never got sorted, the defending in the team as a whole never got sorted, and eventually the pretty attacking football kind of dulled too.
He took them as far as he could. They really are a tiny club with very little pedigree at the top level, I doubt they will get back into the PL

He took them as far as he could. They really are a tiny club with very little pedigree at the top level, I doubt they will get back into the PL

I think I agree, but for a different reason.

He took them as far as HE could. Which is different from "as far as that club could get".

Not that Im suggesting Bournemouth would ever be title challengers or anything.

But to me, the problems they had, were management issues - not 'capability' issues.

Not organising a defence properly, no cover in midfield, inadequate pressing/effort in defending....

Thats all on Howe, regardless of club.

If I got a £200k mortgage from the bank to buy a £250k flat at £550 p/m and rent if out for £850 p/m I'm not £200k in debt. I'm actually making money.
How many bedrooms has it got?

I think I agree, but for a different reason.

He took them as far as HE could. Which is different from "as far as that club could get".

Not that Im suggesting Bournemouth would ever be title challengers or anything.

But to me, the problems they had, were management issues - not 'capability' issues.

Not organising a defence properly, no cover in midfield, inadequate pressing/effort in defending....

Thats all on Howe, regardless of club.
Sometimes a manager stays too long and his voice no longer has the same impact

:avbshit: Not sure I follow - still have a 200k debt against your name, surely? Still 200k in the red, even if there is a monthly surplus of £300?

EDIT: unless you’re including the resale value in the flat? But that still isn’t yours until the mortgage is cleared. Nope, need it in an idiot guide.

Sometimes a manager stays too long and his voice no longer has the same impact
IMO that comes when the message just stays the same.

The best managers seem to constantly evolve, change and keep things improving.

The less than best seem to hit a spot on their development where they just seem to stop.

I think Howe is one of those, hit his limit, the team needed more and he didn't have it.

EDIT: not meant in an antagonist way, I quite like Howe and followed his career all along. I just think that's how it panned out. Telling he is still out of work imo. I think when that's the level of manager, that's when they change more frequently - because the message gets tired

Back
Top Bottom