EFL Promotion & Relegation

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legacy Lilywhite

Supporter
Up The Spurs! 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇺🇸🇮🇱🇺🇦
Don’t know if anyone is as sad as me and takes an interest in the comings and goings in other English leagues, but we’re starting to see the business end come to its climax…

Anyway, Fulham look like they’re coming up to the PL which will be very welcome for someone based in SW London. Looks like Bournemouth will join them and then it’s tough to call. Luton coming up would be hilarious. Relegation places pretty much sorted and sadly Reading may well stay up.

In L1 it’s ridiculous that Sunderland could miss out again given their size, but it’s also quite funny. Looks like Wigan + 2 others and it’s all very tight. At the bottom, I’ll be very pleased to see AFC Wimbledon go down - such a shitty hypocrisy of a club.

In L2, promotion places look close to sorted. Forest Green - who the fuck are they?! Going down to non league are Scunthorpe and possibly Oldham - the first PL team to drop out of the EFL altogether?

Stockport and Wrexham - two great names from previous decades - look like favourites to join the EFL.

Any interest or views? No? Just me then…

:mourweird:

Just curious as to why you think this ?

MK Dons, I get. Tried to move thinking they'd get more fans in a town with no team
I’ve posted this a few times but essentially it’s the way they climbed the leagues at others expense, treated non league like rubbish and especially the way they conspired with Chelsea to leave Kingstonian (one of my local non league teams) homeless, the club who helped AFC make a home when they were reformed. Utter hypocrisy and betrayed those who helped them reestablish as a club.

Really hope Millwall do it this season. Honestly what do teams like Fulham and Bournemouth add to the Premier League? Same old same old.

The MSM and Twitter would go into meltdown. Would be hilarious for a season.

Don’t know if anyone is as sad as me and takes an interest in the comings and goings in other English leagues, but we’re starting to see the business end come to its climax…

Anyway, Fulham look like they’re coming up to the PL which will be very welcome for someone based in SW London. Looks like Bournemouth will join them and then it’s tough to call. Luton coming up would be hilarious. Relegation places pretty much sorted and sadly Reading may well stay up.

In L1 it’s ridiculous that Sunderland could miss out again given their size, but it’s also quite funny. Looks like Wigan + 2 others and it’s all very tight. At the bottom, I’ll be very pleased to see AFC Wimbledon go down - such a shitty hypocrisy of a club.

In L2, promotion places look close to sorted. Forest Green - who the fuck are they?! Going down to non league are Scunthorpe and possibly Oldham - the first PL team to drop out of the EFL altogether?

Stockport and Wrexham - two great names from previous decades - look like favourites to join the EFL.

As a big Wealdstone fan (National League) I've been keeping an eye on the bottom of League 2. Stevenage not out of trouble yet, would be quite handy if they were relegated.

I tend to keep an eye on the welsh clubs.

Good things happening with Wrexham tbf

If Luton go up, couldn't it be worked to give them an exemption to have artificial grass....would be a throwback to their last stint in the top flight. For whatever reason that, more than anything else, is what Luton reminds me of.
I remember the quality of your plastic pitches in that era. Still have the scars on my knees!

A few years back a friend of mine said his old team mate from Spain was up at Leeds at their academy and we should maybe look to organise a visit up there. Never managed to get round to it unfortunately.

That guy is now 3 games off from leading a team into the premier league having learnt his trade under Bielsa…… crazy rise for him.

Hope he does it.

Wimbledon I guess ceased to exist as a former Premier League club .

Otherwise closest was the season before the Premier League when Luton and Notts County were in the top division. Luton spent 5 years in non-league and Notts County are there now.

I was listening to an interview of Steve Bruce yesterday. How does he keep getting jobs ? He moaned , made poor excuses & basically was telling the owners that he needs half a dozen , new , quality players. Nothing appeared to be his fault , it’s incredible

I’ve posted this a few times but essentially it’s the way they climbed the leagues at others expense, treated non league like rubbish and especially the way they conspired with Chelsea to leave Kingstonian (one of my local non league teams) homeless, the club who helped AFC make a home when they were reformed. Utter hypocrisy and betrayed those who helped them reestablish as a club.
Cheers.

I didn't know all that.

I'm a lot more interested than I thought I'd be.

Would love to see Luton go up. If not them then Forest.
Argyle v Sunderland is a huge game about to kick off at 3pm on Sky. Got loads of Argyle supporting mates so keen for them to go up.
Would like to see Stevenage stay up as local interest but to be honest they've been taking the piss now for many years and probably deserve to go down.

argyle have a good following considering they have never been in the prem would love for them to get promoted and then promoted again
Yep they always have big numbers in their away ends. Well supported as they have a large catchment. They do travel well but reality is that for the midweekers a lot of their support comes from London/South east based fans.

I'm a lot more interested than I thought I'd be.

Would love to see Luton go up. If not them then Forest.
Argyle v Sunderland is a huge game about to kick off at 3pm on Sky. Got loads of Argyle supporting mates so keen for them to go up.
Would like to see Stevenage stay up as local interest but to be honest they've been taking the piss now for many years and probably deserve to go down.

If Luton go up, couldn't it be worked to give them an exemption to have artificial grass....would be a throwback to their last stint in the top flight. For whatever reason that, more than anything else, is what Luton reminds me of.

Back
Top Bottom