EFL Promotion & Relegation

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huddersfield, Forest, Sheffield United and Luton in the playoffs. Would love to see Forest promoted, Sheffield United probably have the strongest team though.
Sheff Utd and Forest would be decent clubs to have in the PL - and Luton would be quite entertaining. I last went to their ground about 10 years’ ago and it looked out of place then in L1.

League 2 was quite interesting… and a whiff of controversy too… with Northampton winning, only a 7-goal margin would be enough for Bristol Rovers to go up.

They won 7-0.

Feel for Sheff Wed as they belong in a far higher division. But Sunderland have rescued their season from somewhere and now must be favourites against Wycombe. Some big teams stuck in L1 again next year.

So I just came across David pruttons championship table predictions… and what a laugh. These are game by game predictions Lawro style, and in his final table he is big upping himself for getting the champions right, five of the top 6 correct (out of order) and all 3 relegation sides right (out of order).

Except these aren’t predictions before the season started. These are predictions before each game… so if a team is at the top of the table during the season (like Fulham all year), just predict they will win and they will automatically go up in pruttons table. and the opposite for a bottom team. The man literally has control over where he puts teams in his table.

What a joke. I can’t believe people are paid for this level of “analysis.” I wouldn’t give it a second thought except he also decided to write an article complimenting his own picks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom