Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With a great personality and character. I wish him nothing but good things unless he's playing Spurs. Post Conte in a four he'd be an asset.
Personally, I think people overlook how he played during the run in, and how the team played differently to get around having wingback who can't cross for shit. He passed the ball very effectively from deep, his first time passing by the end of the season was extremely sharp. His positioning allowed the midfielders to break into attack more than they had been, and he defended very well. We conceded 2 goals in our last 6 games with him in the side, incl games vs Liverpool, Woolwich and Leicester. I think he'd be quite useful to have for tough away games, CL games etc, wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him at all.

Personally, I think people overlook how he played during the run in, and how the team played differently to get around having wingback who can't cross for shit. He passed the ball very effectively from deep, his first time passing by the end of the season was extremely sharp. His positioning allowed the midfielders to break into attack more than they had been, and he defended very well. We conceded 2 goals in our last 6 games with him in the side, incl games vs Liverpool, Woolwich and Leicester. I think he'd be quite useful to have for tough away games, CL games etc, wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him at all.
He did not let us down in the run in. He would be near the bottom of my sell list, but he would be on it

To your last point, maybe. But he’s not going to help us in 75% of games and not sure he’d be happy with that as a young player who is looking to develop.

To your first point, yes we accommodated him and his skill set and it was an excellent move by Conte. But an actual competent attacking RWB would help us more than trying to hide Royal when we had the ball, like the last month of the season.

Yep and it funny the perception we have off our own players. I spoke to two separate Mickey Mousers who actually said they never realised how bloody good Emerson was and if you fuse him and TAA he'd be some kind of Super soldier. They raved about his performance against them

If we truly are going up a gear then Emerson is a player we should be improving upon. yes he did get better but he was still the weak link and could not provide the attacking impetus that we need against those teams that parked the bus. it was dropping points in those situations that we really must overcome to step up a notch.

Yep and it funny the perception we have off our own players. I spoke to two separate Mickey Mousers who actually said they never realised how bloody good Emerson was and if you fuse him and TAA he'd be some kind of Super soldier. They raved about his performance against them
If you merged Oliver Kahn and Ibrahimovic, you’d have a super soldier as well. Just throw him up top if down a goal and back in goal if protecting the lead. Reality is a bit different.

That's because fans will only typically watch games of another team against their own. So their opinion is formulated off a tiny sample size, so in most cases is pretty irrelevant.

Cannot believe anyone wants to keep royal. all he did is not make a mistake after doherty got injured. Is anyone seriously saying both him and doherty are the answer. Keep doherty as sub but get RID of royal asap

need a quality RWB.

Back
Top Bottom