Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we know why this one isn't over the line now, Levy handling it himself. Blimey approx 10m. Even winks is worth more than that

Actually Levy is handling it because of something to do with Spence's agent being a family friend (or something like that.

I don't think it's unreasonably for Levy to negotiate, actually, when the fee being demanded for a pretty unproven player (albeit with a high ceiling) is over £20m.

So there's nothing to criticise Levy for here.

Well I like him and I want to keep him!

I agree.

He's never going to be world class but I've seen enough for him to see that he's capable of playing very well, and he clearly has the right attitude and desire to improve.

Seems to have fully bought into tottenham and conte...keep him, I absolutely believe Conte can get more out of him.

Actually Levy is handling it because of something to do with Spence's agent being a family friend (or something like that.

I don't think it's unreasonably for Levy to negotiate, actually, when the fee being demanded for a pretty unproven player (albeit with a high ceiling) is over £20m.

So there's nothing to criticise Levy for here.
his performances were brilliant last season and that warrants 20m. that is not a lot in todays market. Why should it matter who the agent is. We have a DoF for a reason. He can handle it. Levy will just be levy and negotiate for an absolute age. Something which most fans have criticised him for years for.

his performances were brilliant last season and that warrants 20m. that is not a lot in todays market. Why should it matter who the agent is. We have a DoF for a reason. He can handle it. Levy will just be levy and negotiate for an absolute age.

Utter nonsense. Literally that entire post just gave me paper cuts on my eyes.

I really do like the kid. My concern was how many breaks down the right stopped at him with a backwards pass, losing the dynamic. Not adverse to a squad player covering RCB b think it would be better for him at Atletico.

his performances were brilliant last season and that warrants 20m. that is not a lot in todays market. Why should it matter who the agent is. We have a DoF for a reason. He can handle it. Levy will just be levy and negotiate for an absolute age. Something which most fans have criticised him for years for.

In what fucking alternate universe do you exist?

Cannot believe anyone wants to keep royal. all he did is not make a mistake after doherty got injured. Is anyone seriously saying both him and doherty are the answer. Keep doherty as sub but get RID of royal asap

need a quality RWB.
harsh on doherty. when he finally got a run in his actual position he was on fire! hes actually a fucking threat in that RWB position when hes around competent players! hes the best wing back we got bar perisic as we haven't seen him in the prem yet.

harsh on doherty. when he finally got a run in his actual position he was on fire! hes actually a fucking threat in that RWB position when hes around competent players! hes the best wing back we got bar perisic as we haven't seen him in the prem yet.
Not harsh on Doherty. He should stay of course but we need champions league quality starters. Someone that he has to fight to get ahead of. Doherty plus Spence isn't really the best combination of starter and back up in my opinion. Those wing back positions are the most important in Conte's system. Yes he built up some form. Royal must go and we need a quality player in

Not harsh on Doherty. He should stay of course but we need champions league quality starters. Someone that he has to fight to get ahead of. Doherty plus Spence isn't really the best combination of starter and back up in my opinion. Those wing back positions are the most important in Conte's system. Yes he built up some form. Royal must go and we need a quality player in
if doherty carries on that form which i believe he will do (unless complications with his injury) then hes more than good enough. his runs in behind are perfect for a player like kane. if you got him almost adding to the attack from the right and a player on the left who can deliver, we have a good balance to the side. sure, if you can get a wing back whos better than doherty then great! but how much are they going to cost? hes coming into his prime now too. looking forward to the start of the season with him back in the side as that run of games before he got injured was the best football we had been playing in years.

if doherty carries on that form which i believe he will do (unless complications with his injury) then hes more than good enough. his runs in behind are perfect for a player like kane. if you got him almost adding to the attack from the right and a player on the left who can deliver, we have a good balance to the side. sure, if you can get a wing back whos better than doherty then great! but how much are they going to cost? hes coming into his prime now too. looking forward to the start of the season with him back in the side as that run of games before he got injured was the best football we had been playing in years.

Prime???

He's 30 and just had a nasty injury.

I think he did enough last season to warrant a chance to continue to start, and give us an opportunity to save buying another RWB for another transfer window, if need be. We already have a fair few players being added to the squad this summer; this is one position where we can afford to hold of on spending funds to someone who may not add that much to the squad for the time being. Spence is a good investment (maybe a season or two out from being a force), even if he's not currently a better option (or significantly better option) than Doherty.

I’d be ecstatic if we sold him lol.

I'm horrified that some people want to go in with Doherty/Emerson as our RWB options next season because of a handful of good games between them. Please, just go out and get Conte a WB who at least has top level potential, even if he's not at that level yet.

Both Emerson/Doherty have clear deficiencies. They aren't good enough wing backs to start for teams who want to compete in the CL. This is just a fact. The rest of the top 4 have Walker, James & Trent, we may not be able to get someone on that level but let's at least be serious about this...

You didn’t think Emerson was going to let us wait all summer without another comp did you?! 😂

So some pointless stopovers, a rainbow over a player that he’s lucky didn’t end with his leg broken, an attempted scoop chip that ended 20 yards over the goal. This is exactly the offseason work I was hoping he’d put in and will transform him into the leagues best wingback next season.

Back
Top Bottom