Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In theory he won't see much game time with Doherty and Spence ahead of him.

Don't mind him being our 5th choice emergency wingback but he can't be starting a lot of meaningful games for us if we want to push on. So limited.

In theory he won't see much game time with Doherty and Spence ahead of him.

Don't mind him being our 5th choice emergency wingback but he can't be starting a lot of meaningful games for us if we want to push on. So limited.
Don't really know how good Spence will be though..

Doherty too haven't proved anything yet. It is all up for grabs right now on the RWB.

Don't really know how good Spence will be though..

Doherty too haven't proved anything yet. It is all up for grabs right now on the RWB.
What Doherty has shown is that there is a potential for him to be the type of WB Conte wants, the pseudo winger/striker who score goals.

It's a case of whether he can do it over the course of a season.

Emerson on the other hand has not shown that he can even do it inconsistently.

to be fair to emerson, like his work rate and his character. but the quality just isnt quite there. hes a bit of a donkey, missed an open goal in the game earlier, you'll get a lot of that from this type of player. but due to his work rate and the fact he isnt a toxic little cunt like weve had recently...hell never get the abuse a few others have had. he would of been decent in a back 4 but clearly conte doesnt want that.

Only a year older than Kulusevski and Sessegnon and arguably less or equally experienced considering they broke through as teenagers.

Still think he could be a very good player us if given the time to develop under Conte. Has the right attitude and athletic profile for the premier league.

I know he’s frustrated at times, but he really should be assessed as a young and still developing player.

Emerson played well today. I think he’s useful to have around… although comparing him to even Sessegnon and there’s a difference in goal threat.

He’s not the elite right wingback we want but he’s good enough to play in rotation for where we are right now.

Flag firmly planted on Emerson Hill. I will die here, and it will be a lonely death.

Let's see- one scrappy OG and a nice cutback assist from the wing today (exactly what we need from RWB). He's putting himself in a lot of the right positions and has the athleticism to run with both attack and defense. IMO he earned his goal today, and definitely earned his assist. Basically, not sure what more you could reasonably ask for from a RWB. I have a feeling this excellent performance puts a firm end to any RWB acquisitions until at least the winter.

Back
Top Bottom