Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take a look at Emerson's insta.. not sure if this is common or not, but he has full size goals in his back yard, and this morning had a guy coaching him and doing ball work before training.
I’d definitely keep the lad.

Him and Dougherty are both good lads who are good to have about the place. I know that doesn’t win you cups but there’s three of the fuckers for one position so they’ll always be fresh and they’ll be working their bollocks off to get game time.

If RWB is our biggest weakness I’m ok with that for a season.

Previously I wanted him to go. But I do like the lad.
and I think him, Lucas, richi are a valve on the pressure of Conte’s style of management.
the togetherness of the team is massive in terms of attitude and I think the brazilian monte python team is invaluable.

and I think him, Lucas, richi are a valve on the pressure of Conte’s style of management.
the togetherness of the team is massive in terms of attitude and I think the brazilian monte python team is invaluable.
I like the lad, he's a hard worker, and he does tend to grow into the game over time, but the simple lack of quality is glaringly obvious. He's gone from a complete embarassment to an underdog who's fought his way to a degree of usefulness.

If we still had Walker or Trippier he wouldn't get a lot of time on the pitch.

I think we a number of players who are good for the dressing room, Lucas, Richy, Son, Romero all seem like free spirits similar to Emerson.

Credit to him for the 2nd half. He was decent and won the ball that led to the own goal (which was more impressive than that “assist”).

His 2 assists were nothing to write home about. First was one of the worst OGs you’ll see this year and the 2nd is a simple pass I would expect anyone to make… but he did at least get to the right spot. Also created a chance for Kane on a similar simple pass.

Going into the season, I had major doubts for both him and Sess and Sess impressed me more vs Soton.

I think you see a player who is more confident now and looks much better, less nervous and growing on his role, fair fuking play to him for turning it around.

I think you see a player who is more confident now and looks much better, less nervous and growing on his role, fair fuking play to him for turning it around.
When we were playing poorly his flaws were conspicuous, now he's playing in a much better team he looks quite a good player. Conte obviously sees something in him which is good enough for me.

There is something so strangely likeable about Emerson.

Thought his 2nd half performance was great. He found himself in good positions during the first half but the 2nd he was better. Seems to have a good understanding with Kulu too.

Not embarrassed to say that I liked him from the start (not saying that he was a great player at the beginning), but I just sensed something about him and his character. And we all know of players that have all the talent and no application - I know who I'd rather have.
People need to make allowances for the fact he's only 23, playing in a foreign country, with a new manager and not really speaking the language.
Glad he's getting a chance to show what he can do.

Not embarrassed to say that I liked him from the start (not saying that he was a great player at the beginning), but I just sensed something about him and his character. And we all know of players that have all the talent and no application - I know who I'd rather have.
People need to make allowances for the fact he's only 23, playing in a foreign country, with a new manager and not really speaking the language.
that is one thing you have to give credit for, he does genuinely give it 100% every time he plays. his end product might not be what it needs to be but he'll never get the shit winks, ndombele and lo celso got because he does genuinely give it his best.

Absolutely. Also shows the quality of Conte, both as a manager and a man. He’s clearly someone who has the ability, technique and human emotion to make players better, get them comfortable and get them to thrive. Dinosaurs would just chuck players under the bus left, right and centre.

He may well be a likeable lad, he may well be a great character in the changing room, he may well give 100 per cent and loves playing for us, but the reality is he isn’t very good at defending and not very good at attacking

I’d definitely keep the lad.

Him and Dougherty are both good lads who are good to have about the place. I know that doesn’t win you cups but there’s three of the fuckers for one position so they’ll always be fresh and they’ll be working their bollocks off to get game time.

If RWB is our biggest weakness I’m ok with that for a season.
Dougherty? Has Matt Doherty been stuffing his face with carbs?

and most importantly: he is playing in a new position, from only 6 months

His skillset fit into Conte's system is still questionable.

But his devotion and dedication are not. And that is worth a lot of respect.
He really seems like a top pro and takes it very-very seriously. Nice change to likes of Alli.

It remains to be seen how good of a RWB he can become - and I am quite sceptic at this matter - but it is visible that he works hard. Given our lack of links to another CB while Rodon has left and Tanganga looks to follow him, I actually have a feeling that he is considered as an option in RCB if Romero needs to cover for Dier / have some games off.

P.S fuck me - we currently have TWO Brazilians on the same wing. And they are both nothing like stereotypes would let us believe (creative, samba-football-playing, free-scoring, laid-back lads), they are both pros and workhorses whose end product is the biggest issue/worry...

Back
Top Bottom