Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He may well be a likeable lad, he may well be a great character in the changing room, he may well give 100 per cent and loves playing for us, but the reality is he isn’t very good at defending and not very good at attacking
It’s funny how comments like this get downgraded by some people but they’ll be the first to blast him for a f-up at the next game. I agree with you by the way. I watch a lot of the training vids and he does seem to have a personality and is well like by the team but is he the guy you want starting when we’re playing Real Madrid in the semis of the CL, no chance. There’s a reason most teams seem to target the RB position when playing against us

For all his pros and cons, he lacks one important aspect to his game that Conte clearly craves; crossing. He just can’t do it. He does get himself into great positions, which is really one of the pros of having the setup Conte implemented, but despite having all the time in the world to make a cross, he either can’t get it past his first man or more often, is overhit and behind the strikers. Admittedly it’s a skill that can be learned but he’s starting at a very low point and he’s got a long way to go.

It’s funny how comments like this get downgraded by some people but they’ll be the first to blast him for a f-up at the next game. I agree with you by the way. I watch a lot of the training vids and he does seem to have a personality and is well like by the team but is he the guy you want starting when we’re playing Real Madrid in the semis of the CL, no chance. There’s a reason most teams seem to target the RB position when playing against us

For all his pros and cons, he lacks one important aspect to his game that Conte clearly craves; crossing. He just can’t do it. He does get himself into great positions, which is really one of the pros of having the setup Conte implemented, but despite having all the time in the world to make a cross, he either can’t get it past his first man or more often, is overhit and behind the strikers. Admittedly it’s a skill that can be learned but he’s starting at a very low point and he’s got a long way to go.
That’s true, aurier could cross a ball but fuck me he was a liability in every other aspect,
I’d rather Emerson any day of the week.

I'm not sure what's worse - Richarlison's singing voice or his kite-flying skills.

giphy.gif

Ha this thread is on the 3rd page, not one mention of how he played today, he's really improved.

No he hasn't. This bullshit over compensating because people don't rate him is becoming a joke. He's exactly the same player he was last season, i.e he will put in a shift & make some big tackles but fundamentally is a liability on the ball and can switch off.

Every single little competent thing he does is met with exaggerated praise now, like he's some fucking toddler.

Ha this thread is on the 3rd page, not one mention of how he played today, he's really improved.
He has improved but from a very low bar.

His interplay is better and he doesn't look clueless when in possession deep anymore.
That said, he still offers almost no attacking output. I can remember him getting past Cucurella once and rolling a harmless ball across.

I would still expect Doc or Spence to take over soon.

He was utter utter wank when he first came here, but defensively he's come leaps and bounds. Still, he remains a very average player because he can't cotribute anything to the attack.

No he hasn't. This bullshit over compensating because people don't rate him is becoming a joke. He's exactly the same player he was last season, i.e he will put in a shift & make some big tackles but fundamentally is a liability on the ball and can switch off.

Every single little competent thing he does is met with exaggerated praise now, like he's some fucking toddler.
Same with Sess, PEH, Benta to some extent tbh.

He has improved but from a very low bar.

His interplay is better and he doesn't look clueless when in possession deep anymore.
That said, he still offers almost no attacking output. I can remember him getting past Cucurella once and rolling a harmless ball across.

I would still expect Doc or Spence to take over soon.

Yeah that's the point

He's definitely getting better, looks more comfortable and solid.

Deserved the no1 spot at RWB so far, keep it up :thumbup:

Not as bad as people calling him docherty.
There is no ‘c’ in his name. Boils my piss that does.
I’m Irish and it doesn’t upset me that much! There’s quite a few Irish surnames that you lot insert a ‘C’ (that shouldn’t be there) into, when pronouncing.

Yeah that's the point

He's definitely getting better, looks more comfortable and solid.

Deserved the no1 spot at RWB so far, keep it up :thumbup:
I think the point is we need more than simply being solid defensively.

Doc at 100% is an attacking threat. We have yet to see how well Spence transitions to PL level.

Emerson having the number 1 spot is more due to his fitness/availability than anything else (which is a good quality don't get me wrong). But ultimately he will not, or should not, be our first choice RWB for very long.

Back
Top Bottom