Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frankly our entire scouting setup can fuck off. Or maybe they are secretly okay and we're just not getting the first, second or third choice they recommend. Who knows. But every aspect of us signing players is fucked to the point where it's hard to even get slightly excited about new signings.

The fact is a shit Barca side were happy to let Emerson go. Yeah they had financial trouble but the truly talented assets they were refusing to sell. That was a red flag for me at the time and it looks like that was correct.

Firpo looks fucking shit at Leeds too. If you're a youngish player with genuine talent I don't think a club like Barcelona farm you out for a fee of 25m, especially when their other right back options are garbage like Sergino Dest.

Meanwhile TFC experts were saying we should sign him last week! :contefacepalm2:

Our Scouting/recruitment system is nothing more than a joke

We can argue back and forth on whether we spend enough money but we could spend 3bn with these jokers and still end up with a pile of magic beans

That’s been my beef with Levy and Co. It’s not that they don’t invest but that they don’t do so when we needed it (those 2 completely barren windows :pochunimpressed:) and it’s the questions over our scouting and player assessment.

I won’t hate on Royal, as he is what he is and is trying, and only hope Conte can get something serviceable out of him.

Meanwhile TFC experts were saying we should sign him last week! :contefacepalm2:

Christ .. are people just excited by the fact players made it to Barca at some point? Most of their squad now is full of thoroughly mediocre players with a few gems who they will build around, and then a few with talent who are fit for 3 months of a season.

We should be looking at the players these clubs want to sign and trying to beat them to the punch, not the ones they're chuffed to get rid of.

Watching up close tonight he looked like his confidence had gone. Our formation really exposed him first half and we were often overrun with 3 against 2 and overloads happening plenty.

Agree he's a better RB than wing back and he really needs a rest and to be used more sparingly against certain opposition. He's young enough to grow and improve but it may be that Conte doesn't fancy him. He'll definitely want another option there in January.

Why was he chosen instead of going for Tomiyasu who appears much the better player?

Another Spurs recruitment master-class.
There is one ‘last obstacle’, though, with the ‘terms of payment’ yet to be agreed but intermediaries are working hard to find ‘a meeting point’ in an effort to conclude the deal.

Frankly our entire scouting setup can fuck off. Or maybe they are secretly okay and we're just not getting the first, second or third choice they recommend. Who knows. But every aspect of us signing players is fucked to the point where it's hard to even get slightly excited about new signings.

The fact is a shit Barca side were happy to let Emerson go. Yeah they had financial trouble but the truly talented assets they were refusing to sell. That was a red flag for me at the time and it looks like that was correct.

Firpo looks fucking shit at Leeds too. If you're a youngish player with genuine talent I don't think a club like Barcelona farm you out for a fee of 25m, especially when their other right back options are garbage like Sergino Dest.
Barça sign more young talent than they know what to do with.

Emerson was one of the top fullbacks in La Liga at Real Betis.

Most minutes (for a field player) at Betis.

10 assists over the 2 La Liga seasons, only Jesus Navas had more.

Barça sign more young talent than they know what to do with.

Emerson was one of the top fullbacks in La Liga at Real Betis.

Most minutes (for a field player) at Betis.

10 assists over the 2 La Liga seasons, only Jesus Navas had more.

Not of late they don’t. Barca sign more mediocrity than they know what to do with now. None of their other right back options who stayed are exceptional players, there’s no prime Dani Alves strutting his stuff.

La Liga isn’t the Premier League. The type of wingers and wing backs who thrive here is different. The way English teams attack is different. The fact is he currently looks incapable of taking a player on, crossing, or making good decisions in the final third.

If a team whose main RB is Dest is willing to sell this supposed great young talent in the same position for 25m .. the likelihood is they don’t actually think he’s that much of a great talent at all.

Not of late they don’t. Barca sign more mediocrity than they know what to do with now. None of their other right back options who stayed are exceptional players, there’s no prime Dani Alves strutting his stuff.

La Liga isn’t the Premier League. The type of wingers and wing backs who thrive here is different. The way English teams attack is different. The fact is he currently looks incapable of taking a player on, crossing, or making good decisions in the final third.

If a team whose main RB is Dest is willing to sell this supposed great young talent in the same position for 25m .. the likelihood is they don’t actually think he’s that much of a great talent at all.
Emerson's a RB.

hUKRTax.png

VwuE429.png

Who's a better realistic alternative?

Emerson's a RB.

hUKRTax.png

VwuE429.png

Who's a better realistic alternative?

I have no idea. I’m not a scout. I’m not about to pretend to have watched all of those players.

All I can say is, so far he looks a worse footballer than the guy we let leave for free in Aurier. Less of a defensive liability, but at a minimum no worse in other categories, based purely on him in the Premier League.

If our scouts can’t identify a right back who isn’t afraid to take on players and can cross & pass to an adequate standard, then we’re in the shit. I’ve rarely seen a player look so uncomfortable in the final third. He looks like Wan Bissaka whenever he has to make an attacking decision.

There has to be other Livramento’s in the football world who we can find. He looks in a different world to Emerson at PL level.

I think Adama Traore is a good replacement for Emerson. He’s a great dribble and runner. Never really seen him on a 1 on 1 but I imagine if he makes a mistake he’ll be able to catch up with anyone. He needs improvement in end product like Emerson but he doesn’t over think his crosses like Emerson.

I have no idea. I’m not a scout. I’m not about to pretend to have watched all of those players.

All I can say is, so far he looks a worse footballer than the guy we let leave for free in Aurier. Less of a defensive liability, but at a minimum no worse in other categories, based purely on him in the Premier League.

If our scouts can’t identify a right back who isn’t afraid to take on players and can cross & pass to an adequate standard, then we’re in the shit. I’ve rarely seen a player look so uncomfortable in the final third. He looks like Wan Bissaka whenever he has to make an attacking decision.

There has to be other Livramento’s in the football world who we can find. He looks in a different world to Emerson at PL level.
Livramento (a boyhood Chav) left the club on a free this summer to sign w/ So'ton, although it's been reported that Chelsea has a £25m buyback clause.

Livramento (a boyhood Chav) left the club on a free this summer to sign w/ So'ton, although it's been reported that Chelsea has a £25m buyback clause.

A recent <removed> is not going to play for our club

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom