Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barca when they sold him to Spurs

Hm02Zy.gif

RWB Paulinho

I was saying this to my dad after the game. Like Paulinho he is not only slow and technically mediocre but he doesn’t seem to have any personality either. He never looks like he’s having fun.

I just don’t see any reason to believe he can be a PL player. Someone like Reguilon has many flaws but he is tricky, aggressive and has character. Emerson is like a piece of furniture.

I was saying this to my dad after the game. Like Paulinho he is not only slow and technically mediocre but he doesn’t seem to have any personality either. He never looks like he’s having fun.

I just don’t see any reason to believe he can be a PL player. Someone like Reguilon has many flaws but he is tricky, aggressive and has character. Emerson is like a piece of furniture.
Really? He seems very happy and affable. Not sure where you're getting that from he just.......a horribly inept attacking full back. Very very limited. I'm a bit scared that this is a player our D.O F scouted and pId 25mil for.

I'm honestly beginning to think the only reason we ended up with him is because Barca didn't want him and would let the club pay the £22.5m off over the 5 year contract at terms that would suit the usual finance first modus operandi that Paratici is clearly being held to. £4.5m a year is fuck all.

Shades of a right sided Gilberto tonight.

Guys a defender and defends well but he isn’t an attacking wing back. If Tanganga is being sold make Emerson a RCB to cover Romero then buy Traore or whoever for the RWB role.

Romero and Traore for RCB and RWB with Doherty and Emerson as cover players.

He will be here for the rest of the season, but think he will be sold in the summer.
He's certainly not the best player we have ever signed for THFC but he isn't the worst.
I still think and hope we can get some use from him.
I'm getting fed up with writing off large lumps of dough when selling players.

It beggars belief what a “ professional scout” ever saw in his overall game. Think we got well and truly shafted
He's been the nailed-on starter for a team in the European places of La Liga for two years as a 20-21 year old, and was very much part of Barca's first team plans until their financial situation went tits up. He's also in the Brazil setup of course.

You watch his Youtube highlights and it's full of him making 40 yard recovery runs to dive in with a tackle, or barreling up the pitch on a run from deep in his own half. There are not progressive passes and dribbles in the final third, which is what he's now being asked to do.

Plus there's the general rule that it's foolish to give up on a player in their first year in England.

The question, really, is when are we going to need a proper right back again? Not at least until Conte is gone, and perhaps Paratici as well. And even at that point we'll be leaving behind a back 3-ish squad. So it's tricky.

Back
Top Bottom