Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's been the nailed-on starter for a team in the European places of La Liga for two years as a 20-21 year old, and was very much part of Barca's first team plans until their financial situation went tits up. He's also in the Brazil setup of course.

You watch his Youtube highlights and it's full of him making 40 yard recovery runs to dive in with a tackle, or barreling up the pitch on a run from deep in his own half. There are not progressive passes and dribbles in the final third, which is what he's now being asked to do.

Plus there's the general rule that it's foolish to give up on a player in their first year in England.

The question, really, is when are we going to need a proper right back again? Not at least until Conte is gone, and perhaps Paratici as well. And even at that point we'll be leaving behind a back 3-ish squad. So it's tricky.
Fair comment , but it does make you think with our recruitment most of it is done through YouTube videos, where you can make the most average player look good. Unfortunately under Contes’ reign he will not fit the bill.

Fair comment , but it does make you think with our recruitment most of it is done through YouTube videos, where you can make the most average player look good. Unfortunately under Contes’ reign he will not fit the bill.
The question of why Levy, Paratici, and Nuno were all content to pretend that playing a 4-3-3 instead of Nuno's preferred formation was somehow "attacking" and "Tottenham DNA" just because of the number of center backs is one of those things I just try not to think about too much to spare my brain.

Last edited:

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

I think coach Conte is being economical with la verite.
And I applaud him for it.
Royal is a good player. He's not a complete charlatan like Aurier and I think we will certainly use him this season.

I think coach Conte is being economical with la verite.
And I applaud him for it.
Royal is a good player. He's not a complete charlatan like Aurier and I think we will certainly use him this season.
I disagree he not as rash as Aurier and that's about it. Aurier is a better footballer and that's fucking scary when we still have the D.O.F who got him. A poster wisely said there's a real question regards Emerson Nuno Paratici and 433 we played utterly illogical. Kids young though so let's see if he's teachable which Aurier 100% was not.

I disagree he not as rash as Aurier and that's about it. Aurier is a better footballer and that's fucking scary when we still have the D.O.F who got him. A poster wisely said there's a real question regards Emerson Nuno Paratici and 433 we played utterly illogical. Kids young though so let's see if he's teachable which Aurier 100% was not.

If Aurier had a different temperament, I think we would have kept him. He was a good footballer.

I don't think Royal is here next season unless he can become a CB.

He'll be fine as a backup. But we already have Doherty for that. Neither are good enough to start every week in a team that wants to do something.

One of them needs to be go, probably Doherty, and a proper right wing-back with some quality brought in. Lamptey would be perfect but would no doubt cost too much.

Back
Top Bottom