Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calm down lads...

He just took quick red to get to latest flight to London that day.
With being suspended from following game he can come back and prep for first outings with Conte.

And hopefully do some crossing drills

That little move where he receives the ball, advances forward a couple of yards, then checks back and plays it back to the cb or square to the cm is fucking textbook Spurs, we must drill that one into our fullbacks hard, if Spurs were a wrestler that would be one of our 5 moves of doom...

Hardly a kick in the balls. And certainly not as bad a kick in the balls as paying £28.5m for this fucking joke who weeks before was €9m….

But another take away from that footage.

The washed up, busted, not wanted, not good enough for Spurs, Philippe Coutinho is playing #10 for Brazil.

:levyeyes:

Might as well have a demented clown running our recruitment - oh we do - hi Steve

Last edited:
Easily a second yellow which is what it was.
I dont necessarily disagree that most refs these days would see that as a booking. I just wish that wasn't what had become of the game. Its a sad state of affairs when that is worthy of a second yellow in my opinion. I'd like to think refs would be able to apply a bit of common sense and recognise when someone is feigning injury. All the diving, rolling around, play acting, trying to get players sent off etc does my head in.

I dont necessarily disagree that most refs these days would see that as a booking. I just wish that wasn't what had become of the game. Its a sad state of affairs when that is worthy of a second yellow in my opinion. I'd like to think refs would be able to apply a bit of common sense and recognise when someone is feigning injury. All the diving, rolling around, play acting, trying to get players sent off etc does my head in.
I mean, he kicked him right in the dick.

Totally unintentionally, but only because he had no awareness of what was around him and flung a leg out wildly.

That's a yellow all day long.

His shin tickled the underside of his sack. If I was Emerson I'd have run over and booted him good and proper in the gonads while he was rolling around. Full pelt. No messing about. Kapow!
Honestly, a shin to the sack is one of the few cases where I can't blame the player for rolling around!

There was nothing malicious about the challenge, but it was careless and reckless because Emerson did not know what was around him.

There was nothing malicious about the challenge, but it was careless and reckless because Emerson did not know what was around him.

Look at what the oppo player does though.....

Jumps in the air, then spins to throw himself arse-first into Emerson.... All the while look at where the fucker's right foot is throughout and how it's angled too......

It's easily as dangerous as what Emerson did.... If not more.

Hardly a kick in the balls. And certainly not as bad a kick in the balls as paying £28.5m for this fucking joke who weeks before was €9m….

But another take away from that footage.

The washed up, busted, not wanted, not good enough for Spurs, Philippe Coutinho is playing #10 for Brazil.

:levyeyes:

Might as well have a demented clown running our recruitment - oh we do - hi Steve

Playing for Brazil means next to nothing these days. Fred is a Brazil regular, guys like Telles, Sandro and a geriatric Alves get call ups. Shit, Emerson got one and I actually think he’s a worse wing back than Doherty.

Playing for Brazil means next to nothing these days. Fred is a Brazil regular, guys like Telles, Sandro and a geriatric Alves get call ups. Shit, Emerson got one and I actually think he’s a worse wing back than Doherty.

Fred, Paulinho, Coutinho despite him struggling to get a game for much of the last 3 years....... The list very much goes on.

Based on today's game...if Lamptey is worth £45-50M then Emerson is worth more :cool: He's gotten a lot of sticks lately but today he played well (from what I saw on my sketchy, erratic stream) and contributed both defensively and offensively.
But, like Winks, Emerson seems to be one of the scapegoats that will be bashed no matter what and some fans seem to have taken it as a sport to insult him no matter what.
PS! I do believe he meant to shoot actually but he was lucky with that slight deflection. And I know that some of you don't want him to succeed just so you can prove a point of being "right" and have something to moan about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom