Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha, I'm not even doing it as a bit. I genuinely like the guy and think he's a solid player, and we need 5/6 options at wingback next season not just two on each side.
I like him, his attitude is great but if ANYONE offers us what we paid for him we should bite their hand off.

I like him, his attitude is great but if ANYONE offers us what we paid for him we should bite their hand off.
If we get the full £26m fair enough, I wouldn't sell him for the £20m being reported as what teams are interested in paying. He's a better player than the one people slagged in the middle of last season as he struggle to adapt to wingback role. Performances down the stretch were very good.

If we get the full £26m fair enough, I wouldn't sell him for the £20m being reported as what teams are interested in paying. He's a better player than the one people slagged in the middle of last season as he struggle to adapt to wingback role. Performances down the stretch were very good.

Nah, he's crap. He's so bad that the other players avoid giving him the ball as much as possible.

If anybody offers £20m we need to take it, the player is never going to be good enough to perform the RWB role at this level. He can't do anything with the ball. He worked hard when Doherty got injured but he doesn't have any quality, there is no reason to keep him.

Nah, he's crap. He's so bad that the other players avoid giving him the ball as much as possible.

If anybody offers £20m we need to take it, the player is never going to be good enough to perform the RWB role at this level. He can't do anything with the ball.
Yeah and you can’t coach that really either. I would rather keep him than Sanchez tho as fifth choice CB (unless we sign the Barca lad and another) just for his versatility. Feel he’s better suited to RCB than RWB and can cover both if needed for a short spell. If we are 2-0 up, he’s not a bad option to bring in a RWB if we want to shore things up. Truly believe five subs changes the dynamics of the squad for certain styles of players

Agree. For teams playing a back 4, who want an orthodox RB who primarily is good defensively, Emerson can be a star.

He'd be perfect for Simeone's system, but it looks like Atletico can't afford him at the price we justifiably want.

Roma haven't got the cash.
You're talking out of your arse. Roma had a takeover 2 years ago, last year they were the club who spent the most in the transfer window alongside Woolwich. They are very rich.

RWB was our weakest position last season and all we're talking about is bringing in a kid. We have strengthened the LWB and need to do the same for RWB. Nota lot in it’s who should be backup but will not be happy with any of the existing or this kid as number 1.

Back
Top Bottom