Emiliano Sala

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the greatest respect. How can the death of someone who you have never met, know little to nothing about, effect you at all. Other than
With the greatest respect. How can the death of someone who you have never met, know little to nothing about, effect you at all. Other than 'well that sucks'.
Bit fucking harsh!!! Dont know you or your family but if someone posted your untimely death on here and i would feel for your nearest and dearest mate, plus a young man about to start possibly the most successful and exciting time of his life whose life was ended(possibly) in a such a horrible and frightening way yeah its pretty fucking shitty!!!

Shocking news which hasn't been helped by the many many vile posts from Swansea fans.. Sometimes you just leave it alone...
They have really been scraping the barrel..

Dxhza0bWkAIv90l.jpg

That is really disgusting.
It is one thing to have no opinion on the matter, or no empathy as some have been accused of but to actually revel in something like this is really shocking.

Whilst I don't expect anyone to take time off work for bereavement counselling, nor do I expect Spurs should retire the number of whatever shirt he would have worn for Cardiff ... it's not that kinda of impact on everyone.
But I think the 'football Familly' has the perfect opportunity to actually acknowledge that this is a shitty thing to happen... and that it could, and has happened to ANY club!

Sonny still has a long cross-continent flight to make before we see him again...

So let's not SOME of us dismiss this with a glib, intensive; "hey that sucks" but let's move on, nothing to see here attitude!

This could be ANY team in the Country...
Let's realise that JUST cos it's a player from another team, who they didn't even see play... that it has ANY less impact.

It's an awful awful tragedy that deserves our respect....

And YES anderton46 I'm looking at YOU!

Last edited:
There really is no shame these days. Cardiff for trying to get out of the deal, Nantes for the timing of their demands, the press for sensationalising the story and the agents for not taking any responsibility.
At least give the family a bit of time to bury their loved one.

Aw come on...it's the first time I've ever started a thread! Not the most cheery of topics but I thought it of interest.

You're such a moody fucker! lol
Aw come on...it's the first time I've ever started a thread! Not the most cheery of topics but I thought it of interest.

You're such a moody fucker! lol

Don't apologise and nothing about this should have an lol unless the bloke and pilot survive.

Life has to retain meaning FFS and we should show empathy as human beings.

Regarding the Swansea and Liverpool fans the word Cunt isn't strong enough. I'm guessing a lot of these people who post such things are fairly young and have no grasp of death or have experienced it in their own lives.

That kind of sounds like a defence for them but wasn't meant like that. Absolute scum of the earth.

His last text apparently...

"I’m here on a plane that looks like it’s about to fall apart, and I’m going to Cardiff, crazy, tomorrow we already start, and in the afternoon we start training, boys, in my new team…"

"If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they cannot find me, but you know … Dad, how scared am I!"

Heartbreaking

Can't believe this is still getting top billing on the news.

Very sad stuff for the footballer, the pilot and their families but it's been one of the top stories for the last week. Hundreds of people are dying in far worse conditions in places like Yemen where we CAN do something about it, yet obviously that doesn't have the sensational headlines that a footballer death has.

I'm also pretty bored of the fake emotions being out-poured by not just Cardiff fans (who have a small right, even through many of them would never have seen him play) but fans of other clubs. Nantes fans have a right to mourn - he played for the club and won the affection of the fans. Who else outside France or Argentina had even heard of Sala before the crash? I like to think of myself as pretty knowledgeable about football but if Cardiff hadn't signed him I'd have barely recognised the name.

It reminds me a bit of a situation I faced a few years ago when a colleague of mine committed suicide. Half the people in the office didn't know him that well, and a decent amount of them teased him regularly (he was a bit different) yet nearly all of them went to his funeral. Maybe they felt it was the right thing to do, but I just saw hypocrisy and self-interest.

Shocking news which hasn't been helped by the many many vile posts from Swansea fans.. Sometimes you just leave it alone...
They have really been scraping the barrel..

Dxhza0bWkAIv90l.jpg
This is real low .... the internet really allows pricks to manifest and makes me wonder how many are blagging civilisation.

sure there is tragedy all around but this remains a particularly sad story

Condolences

Back
Top Bottom