Emiliano Sala

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thoughts and prayers with all affected. Her's hoping for some kind of miracle. Really awful news. Sala was just about to start a new chapter in his career in the PL. So much hope and excitement for him which makes this even more tragic.

Thoughts and prayers with all affected. Her's hoping for some kind of miracle. Really awful news. Sala was just about to start a new chapter in his career in the PL. So much hope and excitement for him which makes this even more tragic.
I know a Cardiff fan who is not taking this well at all. He was super stoked to see him play

Cardiff boy...spurs for life. Wife CCFC season ticket holder for nearly 20 years!!! She's in bits bless her. Going to be a tough few days for the club and fans. Thoughts & prayers to his family, still hope( but not much!!!) # BLUEBIRDS

According to French media the plane struggled 4 times with taking off before finally making it up in the air.

Seems like a trip that was doomed to fail from the get go

Cardiff boy...spurs for life. Wife CCFC season ticket holder for nearly 20 years!!! She's in bits bless her. Going to be a tough few days for the club and fans. Thoughts & prayers to his family, still hope( but not much!!!) # BLUEBIRDS

With the greatest respect. How can the death of someone who you have never met, know little to nothing about, effect you at all. Other than 'well that sucks'.

With the greatest respect. How can the death of someone who you have never met, know little to nothing about, effect you at all. Other than
With the greatest respect. How can the death of someone who you have never met, know little to nothing about, effect you at all. Other than 'well that sucks'.
Bit fucking harsh!!! Dont know you or your family but if someone posted your untimely death on here and i would feel for your nearest and dearest mate, plus a young man about to start possibly the most successful and exciting time of his life whose life was ended(possibly) in a such a horrible and frightening way yeah its pretty fucking shitty!!!

Yeah but if things genuinely affected you that much you'd be a blubbering mess all day every day without the amount of news of people dying.
Mate, I kinda know where you're coming from but the circumstances of this are weird and particularly shitty.

Supporting a team and one of your current players dies is sad, but a player who had just signed and who they never even saw play must be a really strange feeling. I imagine they just don't know what to feel. A weird kind of limbo I guess

Yeah but if things genuinely affected you that much you'd be a blubbering mess all day every day without the amount of news of people dying.
You have a not so nice way of saying it, but I kind of understand. As football fans, we care about something to do with football a little more than if it was someone else.

What a Cinderella story it would be if he & the pilot are safe and he gets his chance to play in the Premier League. It doesn't sound good but you never know, stranger things have happened.

Thoughts with everyone involved let's hope they got a bit of luck and we hear something positive soon

Totally agree... that's the problem with society today... WAY too many people dying!

But, what's more alarming than that... from what you say (and how you say it) I think you're perfectly demonstrating that the sheeer volume of rolling news reporting tragedy and death is in danger of desensitizing a generation!!

Mate, I kinda know where you're coming from but the circumstances of this are weird and particularly shitty.

Supporting a team and one of your current players dies is sad, but a player who had just signed and who they never even saw play must be a really strange feeling. I imagine they just don't know what to feel. A weird kind of limbo I guess

Yep. I’d find it a bit odd if Cardiff fans held vigils for someone who never played for them, but even if it was just some random people it’s ok to feel a bit sad for strangers.

Beslan really upset me, for example. I didn’t know any of the kids.

Horrible situation... doesn't sound good.

It's an awful story whoever it involves (and you can be sure the Pilot's name is usually the last to be released)

...the fact he's a young footballer simply changing clubs
It shoulda been an exciting new experience, in a new Country, a massive career move... and potentially something tragic like this happens... it seems so cruel and needless.

I honestly think we should loan them Janssen until the end of the season, as a goodwill gesture.
Our striker 'crisis' is put starkly into contrast when you think about it!
That sounds more of a goodwill gesture towards ourselves rather them.

Back
Top Bottom