Emma Raducanu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PR-EM FAN

‘How could you?’ – Piers Morgan leads reaction after Emma Raducanu comes out as a Tottenham fan​

• 12:30, 18 Apr 2022
  • Updated: 18:51, 18 Apr 2022
PIERS MORGAN led a host of hilarious reactions after Emma Raducanu revealed she has become a Tottenham fan.
Raducanu donned a Spurs shirt ahead of the Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart this week.
Raducanu wore a Tottenham shirt on the court as she prepares for the Stuttgart Open
Raducanu wore a Tottenham shirt on the court as she prepares for the Stuttgart OpenCredit: Getty
Her personalised Spurs top had 'Raducanu 10' on the back
Her personalised Spurs top had 'Raducanu 10' on the backCredit: Getty
Raducanu's coach urged her to wear the shirt
Raducanu's coach urged her to wear the shirtCredit: Instagram
They posted several pictures of Raducanu in the Spurs shirt on social media
They posted several pictures of Raducanu in the Spurs shirt on social mediaCredit: Instagram

She played in the top while training for the Stuttgart Open
She played in the top while training for the Stuttgart OpenCredit: Instagram
Morgan jokingly called Raducanu out for becoming a Spurs supporter

Her trainer Will Herbert and agent Chris Helliar told her to wear the Spurs shirt, with Herbert taking to social media to say: "@spursofficial Our work is done @chrishelliar.

"@emmaraducanu has been baptised a spurs fan. Hopefully we both pick up some trophies now! #coys #ttid #shesoneofourown #ohwhenthespurs."

Raducanu was asked previously who she supports, to which she replied: "England."

And Woolwich fan Piers Morgan was only of several people not best pleased with the tennis star as he jokingly confronted her about her new-found allegiance.

He simply said: "Oh @EmmaRaducanu - how could you?"

Meanwhile, fellow British tennis player Katie Swan added: "Oh no how did we let this happen 🥲 @harriet_dart #gooners."

While others praised her decision in comical fashion, with one saying: "Excellent work. Here's to a long life of misery for @emmaraducanu 😂."

Next month Raducanu's US Open replica trophy will be taken on the road by the LTA to schools, clubs and tournaments.

It is a chance for the British public to enjoy once again her epic success from New York last September.

Meanwhile, Raducanu faces Australian qualifier Storm Sanders in the first round of the German tournament on Tuesday.

The 19-year-old will hope the right foot blister she suffered in the Billie Jean King Cup defeat in the Czech Republic will not see her endure another early-round exit.

Raducanu – who wore leggings due to the coldness in Prague – was broken seven times and hit four double faults as she suffered one of her quickest defeats in a 6-1 6-1 loss.

She bathed her feet in "surgical spirit" post-match and went on to say: "I have a blister on my foot. It kind of showed up after yesterday’s match.

"We’ve been managing it but as you saw, I couldn’t really move or load either way.

"And now it’s just about trying to get it better as soon as possible.

"It completely stopped me from moving. It’s tough not to be even able to chase the ball.

"It was compromising every shot I had to play. So yeah, it’s very disappointing when you’re out there playing a rubber for your country and you feel like completely redundant.

"But I guess I can’t really do anything about it."

PR-EM FAN

‘How could you?’ – Piers Morgan leads reaction after Emma Raducanu comes out as a Tottenham fan​

• Rob Maul
PIERS MORGAN led a host of hilarious reactions after Emma Raducanu revealed she has become a Tottenham fan.
Raducanu donned a Spurs shirt ahead of the Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart this week.
Raducanu wore a Tottenham shirt on the court as she prepares for the Stuttgart Open
Raducanu wore a Tottenham shirt on the court as she prepares for the Stuttgart OpenCredit: Getty
Her personalised Spurs top had 'Raducanu 10' on the back'Raducanu 10' on the back
Raducanu's coach urged her to wear the shirt's coach urged her to wear the shirt
They posted several pictures of Raducanu in the Spurs shirt on social mediaCredit: Instagram

Her trainer Will Herbert and agent Chris Helliar told her to wear the Spurs shirt, with Herbert taking to social media to say: "@spursofficial Our work is done @chrishelliar.

"@emmaraducanu has been baptised a spurs fan. Hopefully we both pick up some trophies now! #coys #ttid #shesoneofourown #ohwhenthespurs."

Raducanu was asked previously who she supports, to which she replied: "England."

And Woolwich fan Piers Morgan was only of several people not best pleased with the tennis star as he jokingly confronted her about her new-found allegiance.

Meanwhile, fellow British tennis player Katie Swan added: "Oh no how did we let this happen 🥲 @harriet_dart #gooners."

While others praised her decision in comical fashion, with one saying: "Excellent work. Here's to a long life of misery for @emmaraducanu 😂."

Next month Raducanu's US Open replica trophy will be taken on the road by the LTA to schools, clubs and tournaments.

It is a chance for the British public to enjoy once again her epic success from New York last September.

Meanwhile, Raducanu faces Australian qualifier Storm Sanders in the first round of the German tournament on Tuesday.

The 19-year-old will hope the right foot blister she suffered in the Billie Jean King Cup defeat in the Czech Republic will not see her endure another early-round exit.

Raducanu – who wore leggings due to the coldness in Prague – was broken seven times and hit four double faults as she suffered one of her quickest defeats in a 6-1 6-1 loss.

She bathed her feet in "surgical spirit" post-match and went on to say: "I have a blister on my foot. It kind of showed up after yesterday’s match.

"We’ve been managing it but as you saw, I couldn’t really move or load either way.

"It completely stopped me from moving. It’s tough not to be even able to chase the ball.

"It was compromising every shot I had to play. So yeah, it’s very disappointing when you’re out there playing a rubber for your country and you feel like completely redundant.

Can’t like all that enough. My other sporting heroin Laura Trott. … top yiddette

PR-EM FAN

Her personalised Spurs top had 'Raducanu 10' on the back'Raducanu 10' on the back
Raducanu's coach urged her to wear the shirt's coach urged her to wear the shirt

Chiselled by the Gods, now confirmed.

Raducanu’s USO victory would be like Spurs winning the CL by avoiding any top 10 team and beating Rangers in the final. The planets really aligned for her and all credit she took her chance but it’s been downhill ever since.

Raducanu’s USO victory would be like Spurs winning the CL by avoiding any top 10 team and beating Rangers in the final. The planets really aligned for her and all credit she took her chance but it’s been downhill ever since.
If Spurs won the CL like that I'd be drunk for a year!

Fair play to her I say. Amazing achievement. Only you and Piers Morgan have a problem with her.

Hello she is a top ten player and has not reach 25 yet and have one grandslam in the process making millions I want that downhill she also beat bencic and sakkari and played 3 extra matches in qualifying for that us open

Hello she is a top ten player and has not reach 25 yet and have one grandslam in the process making millions I want that downhill she also beat bencic and sakkari and played 3 extra matches in qualifying for that us open
Do you actually follow tennis, she’s already out of the top 10 despite the points from the USO. No way is she a solid top 10 player yet. Only 19 so hopefully she can settle on a coach and get to to that level .

Do you actually follow tennis, she’s already out of the top 10 despite the points from the USO. No way is she a solid top 10 player yet. Only 19 so hopefully she can settle on a coach and get to to that level .
She was brilliant in the Open, regardless of who she played. I watched a few of her matches and her game was better than it had any right to be. Sure, she hasn't managed to replicate that level since but she's 19 and few female tennis players manage to truly dominate the tournament scene. I'm bordering on anti-nationalism at the best of times but credit where it's due...

Last edited:
Getting too big for her boots and believing the hype whilst dumping the majority of the team that got her there was idiotic.

Yes I do follow tennis and I am a former professional tennis player as well she has been doing well in previous tournaments before the French open which she is in now, her world ranking is number 12 right now and if she gets into the quarters here she will eventually break into the top ten. I forgot the posters on here tend to be fickle about stats even if my previous statement was only two spots off my bad. I watch all the tournaments she is a fighter and has a nasty forehand she will get far there is no hype about her. Instead you should talk about the other finalist fernandez who cannot past the third round of any tournaments since that final.

Back
Top Bottom