England - Euro 2020 (21)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we're still a bit away yet and the EPL still has plenty of games left...

Who would your best 11 be? Will Southgate find a way to make a mockery of what should be a young, talented squad of players?

Personally, if he picks the right side I think we could do well. Our strength is in attach so we really should be attacking teams instead of worrying so much about trying to contain. Based on current form somewhat, this would be my starting 11:

Pickford

Trippier
Keane
Stones
Shaw

Rice
Mount
Foden

Grealish
Sancho
Kane

Some excellent options to bring off the bench to in the likes of Saka, Rashford, Sterling and Calvert-Lewin.

I know we're still a bit away yet and the EPL still has plenty of games left...

Who would your best 11 be? Will Southgate find a way to make a mockery of what should be a young, talented squad of players?

Personally, if he picks the right side I think we could do well. Our strength is in attach so we really should be attacking teams instead of worrying so much about trying to contain. Based on current form somewhat, this would be my starting 11:

Pickford

Trippier
Keane
Stones
Shaw

Rice
Mount
Foden

Grealish
Sancho
Kane

Some excellent options to bring off the bench to in the likes of Saka, Rashford, Sterling and Calvert-Lewin.
Pickford

Walker
Stones
Mcguire
Saka

Rice
Henderson
Mount

Sterling
Kane
Grealish

It's not easy to pick a balanced 11, but I think he'll want Rice-Henderson in there, or something similar, so there's only space for one attacking option in the midfield 3. I've got Saka in as an attacking LB, with Walker's experience on the other side to give balance. Shaw is playing well, but I don't trust him not to fuck up for England.

I can definitely see Southgate playing those three in midfield, but it seems a bit too workmanlike for me. I think it should be either Rice or Henderson, and I'd go with the former based on the fact that he's also decent in the air. Phillips deserves a mention too for that holding midfield role.

Currently I would go with of those not currently injured.

Henderson
Walker Stones Maguire Shaw
Rice Foden
Saka Mount Sterling
Kane

There's injured players too that would get in: Henderson and Grealish
Sancho, Barnes, Maddison all in the squad too.

I'm not convinced by Stones yet but the other defensive options are so shit.

Back
Top Bottom