England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't pick him either, but he has a lot of similar attributes to Henderson and we all know how Gareth feels about him. Knowing Southgate, he will be spending every evening keeping his fingers and toes crossed that Mason Mount can put a solid run of games together at the back end of the season. We all know he loves a worker or two in midfield.

I'm not sure why Angel Gomes has never been given serious though over than he plays in France. He keeps things ticking over nicely in midfield and is kind of what we could do with alongside Rice.

Gomes is tiny and senior international football would likely be too much for him. Admittedly Ligue 1 is physical but he probably needs the step up before he gets in to a squad.

It’s ok to admit you got a few things wrong and you’re now grasping about again looking at the last few years instead of this season which is directly what I’m referring to. In which La liga is a one horse race and the premier league is a three horse race.

Trying to be patronising and insulting when you were wrong (again) doesn’t really work or irritate me. Next time look at the tables and you’ll see too, champ.
I was the one who raised the point so you need to respond to what you hear rather than trying to redefine things.

I don’t know why I’m eleven engaging with you when you have strong opinions on a player you never watch play.

Gomes is tiny and senior international football would likely be too much for him. Admittedly Ligue 1 is physical but he probably needs the step up before he gets in to a squad.

If you're good enough I don't think size matters. Not saying he is, he does need to prove himself. But he has the sort of simple game not many of our other midfielders have. Making the simple stuff look easy. (unlike Gallagher)

I was the one who raised the point so you need to respond to what you hear rather than trying to redefine things.

I don’t know why I’m eleven engaging with you when you have strong opinions on a player you never watch play.

When I’m talking about Foden’s performances this season it’s safe to assume I’m talking about this season and not the 21/22 Premier League season.

I’ve watched Griezmann play. A lot. Both for France and in Europe. The occasional La Liga game too. He’s a very good footballer one of the better players in his position/role in the world. There was a point post/during Barca where I thought he’d declined badly but then he had a huge upturn at the WC + subsequent seasons.

I think Foden has been better this season and that he is monstrously talented & always has been. You don’t have to agree, that’s fine.

If you're good enough I don't think size matters. Not saying he is, he does need to prove himself. But he has the sort of simple game not many of our other midfielders have. Making the simple stuff look easy. (unlike Gallagher)

A midfield with him and Foden both in it would be titchy. And then you have to leave out one of Rice or Bellingham.

I liked Gomes when I caught some England youth games but he’s not really playing at a level where he will get the call ups.

A midfield with him and Foden both in it would be titchy. And then you have to leave out one of Rice or Bellingham.

I liked Gomes when I caught some England youth games but he’s not really playing at a level where he will get the call ups.

Yeah, but again I'm not saying he should be in the team or squad. But ideally he's the kind of player we could do with. If we had better centre-backs we could push Stones into midfield as the anchor and allow Rice to play a bit further forward as he does for Woolwich. I can't help but feel that if either Rice or Stones get injured before the Euros then our chances reduce significantly, regardless of how stacked we are in attack. We just don't have sufficient back up for either. Maybe White for Stones would be fine but he's obviously ruled himself out.

On the contrary, if France lost a defensive midfielder or centre-back you would barely notice any difference.

Back
Top Bottom