England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's been said that Zabaleta has been preferred to Richards for most of the season and is first choice, I don't watch City much so can't confirm this.

HyNdZee said:
Would've picked Adam Johnson or even Joe Cole over Downing.

I think it is pretty hilarious how Ryan Giggs and Gareth Bale have come through with Wales and England still really struggle on the left.

The rest of the squad isn't bad though.

Maybe would've put Sturridge / Crouch in as well over Carroll.

I agree with Joe Cole, being in the french league too he would have abit more knewledge of the game abroad and will know more about the french team for the first game.. J.Cole was a quality player before he joined liverpool but from what I've heard his had a good season with Lille who were also in the champions league this season.. Hodgson said he would pick a team from class not form and he worked with him at Liverpool I think? I thought he would of been a surprise pick.

Charlie said:
HyNdZee said:
Would've picked Adam Johnson or even Joe Cole over Downing.

I think it is pretty hilarious how Ryan Giggs and Gareth Bale have come through with Wales and England still really struggle on the left.

The rest of the squad isn't bad though.

Maybe would've put Sturridge / Crouch in as well over Carroll.

I agree with Joe Cole, being in the french league too he would have abit more knewledge of the game abroad and will know more about the french team for the first game.. J.Cole was a quality player before he joined liverpool but from what I've heard his had a good season with Lille who were also in the champions league this season.. Hodgson said he would pick a team from class not form and he worked with him at Liverpool I think? I thought he would of been a surprise pick.

Also he scored a screamer against Sweden at the World Cup and ran rings around Flav as a kid! :biggrin:

Thelonious said:
It's been said that Zabaleta has been preferred to Richards for most of the season and is first choice, I don't watch City much so can't confirm this.

My poor fantasy football team can confirm Richards had a shit season. Woy got that decision right in my opinion, with Jones to cover both CB and RB.

England don't have the best of players but Hodgson has picked a poor squad.

Johnson instead of Downing, Richards instead of Jones (where has this falacy come from that Jones is brilliant? He tailed off around December and has been a liability at times. Richards covers both RB and CH).

I have a horrible feeling this will be England's line up for France

Hart

Cole
terry
Cahill
Johnson

Parker
Barry

Walcott
Young
Gerrard

Carroll

not really inspiring

Not even because of Spurs bias, but I think Hoddle would be a cracking appointment . Actually seems to understand football and often correctly higights the flaws in the British playing "style"

Anyone else think England losing tonight and not getting enough points in the remaining games would be best in the long run?

Back
Top Bottom