England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit surprised he didn't call up Brandon Williams and let him and Saka share the left back spot at least in the friendly.
He said Saka "adds depth" on the left, but isn't he the only naturally left sided player in the squad except for Mings?

Williams still breaking through into ManU side, might have been a reasonable question as to why he's not promoted from E u20's to E u21 side, but the E u21 players are probably more experienced than Williams - however once again the E u21's are short of left sided defenders, a problem of their own making as E youth often play right sided defenders on the left, which is why KWP probably played more as a LB for England than as RB throughout E youth year groups, simply because he was their best option there.

Incidentally think that James Justin is right footed but plays LB

England = no squad development throughout the year groups.

On Hudson odoi, no idea what’s meant to be so special about him. He looks fairly average.

Clearly has ability but needs to be playing week in, week out. Should never have signed a new contract at Chelsea and should have gone the Sancho route.

Although I hate to admit it, Nketiah has something that only great strikers are born with, and that's simply the ability to finish. His overall game is average, and he spends so much time not in the game. But he always has a goal in him. His record for the England junior teams is phenomenal. Can see why Arteta is playing him regularly over Lacazzete as he has a higher ceiling for me, although still pretty raw right now. I think Bellingham will end up the best of the lot though that played against Turkey tonight, as much as I would love to say Skipp.

Back
Top Bottom