England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Patrick Bamford scoring a hattrick for Leeds, looks like he could be close to joining the list of players who could play as England striker (although I thought he'd blown it several years ago, he seems to re-invigorated at Leeds).

Aside from Kane, the list of possibilities now looks like (in no order) Rashford, Abrahams, Calvert- Lewin, Ings, Wilson, Greenwood and now Bamford (8 players). And without recalling Vardy

Other forwards of course include Sterling, Sancho, Barnes, and arguably a few others such as Maddison, Hudson-Odoi, Lingard and Dele with some decent i21's coming through such as Eze and McNeil.

Certainly we an debate the quality of some of them, but cannot remember for many years how many candidates there are for forwards who could play for England.

I wonder if Southgate knows how to spell 'rotation' when it comes to Kane.

Rhys James picked even though he's banned for the 2 competitive fixtures..... :avbcringe:

#GaryDoingGaryThings

Gareth Southgate faces England headache with bigger squads as stars become frustrated at lack of involvement - after ELEVEN players picked last month played zero competitive minutes​

Gareth ‘I’ll pick players on form, not reputation’ Southgate picking Harry Maguire, the Championship level centre back yet again 😂

Hopefully all of our players get sent back without any injuries unlike last time. If so, Southgate should be dangled off the Skywalk by his testicles.

If Grealish doesn't feature heavily in these games then fuck you Southgate quite frankly.

The guy is superb (4 goals, 5 assists already) and Spurs fans who scoffed when we almost signed him are truly idiots

Last edited:
Typical.... Denmark are gonna be decimated by UK COVID travel regulations.... We're the only team in our group not to benefit by playing them in this int. break even though it's our quarantine/ban that's fucking them over.

BAHHH!!!

(At least PEH get's 2 of 3 games off.)

Barkley with no club football = called up for England.

Barkley with club football = no call up.

Makes sense.
A bit like when Theo Walcott was named in the World Cup squad ahead of Jermain Defoe despite having never even played in the Premier League...

:sonhmm:

And then that stupid cunt, Eriksson didn't even play Walcott in the tournament.

:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom