***England V Czech Rep 22/06/2021***

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Statement game....... Let's see whether the England team can get themselves pumped up...... Really hope we don't rest on our laurels just because we've qualified.

Win today and then a potential clash against Germany awaits........ That's what this is all about isn't it? Seeing how you fare against the top teams.

I'm now firmly in the Winners go out to win camp, so none of this trying to get an "easier draw" rubbish because if there's one thing we all know about this England team, is that on their day..... They're capable of losing to anybody.

:tobyarm:

Let's fucking do 'em. A win and a good performance today will show that the Scotland game was a blip, which can happen to any team.

We have the forward players to beat anybody on our day if used correctly, it's about time Southgate realizes this.

Kane to score and for some numpties to remember what a good player he actually is.

Already through so why not try a trio of Henderson ( get them caps up) Rice and Philips. Also sack off Sancho and play hmmm I dunno.. Ben White as an inverted don't push on wing back and then have

James -- Tripps - Walker as a three man right sided stay backs.

So here is the XI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Johnstone
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stones Mings Maguire >>>>>>> White

James Tripps Walker
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hendo (MAKE THE CAPTAIN) Rice Philips

And out all on his own Kane.

Then! Blame it all on Arry for Man City not stopping Liverpool win the league the other year or whenever it was.

hashtag scouse not english or something

Would like to see Sancho get a run out . How Southgate has overlooked him is ridiculous, they guy creates , 16 goals & 15 assists last season I think.

:tobyarm: :smesh:

No idea of the score, but I shall predict this!

If it is 0-0 and into the last 15 mins or so.. I bet my house on whatever terrible pundit it is will say "Czech Mate" if they score..

Need a convincing performance to raise belief amongst the players; Gary's cowardly approach sure as shit isn't gonna engender any.

Last edited:
Claims lack of experience yet he has more top flight appearances than Rice, Phillips & Mings...
It’s bloody ridiculous. As Airfixx Airfixx says , Southgate is too timid . He looks at not losing more than winning which makes for often unnerving viewing .

If we come up against a real threat he’ll probably 5-4-1
We aren’t winning it so we may as well have a go

Need a convincing performance to raise belief in the players; Gary's cowardly approach sure as shit isn't gonna engender any.
At the end of the day, the coward ultra defensive approach will get you so far..... And when you inevitably get knocked out, all you have left is memories of Shite football games.

He pretty much did this all through the last World Cup.

With no real pressure as such today, I really hope Southgate goes with an open, attacking selection.

Use the vast array of attacking talent that you have, for fuck sake.

Prediction: 0-0

:angryscouser:

In Southgates footballing career he was pretty defensive midfielder , nothing extraordinary about him , just very conservative. It comes across in his managerial approach

Statement game....... Let's see whether the England team can get themselves pumped up...... Really hope we don't rest on our laurels just because we've qualified.

Win today and then a potential clash against Germany awaits........ That's what this is all about isn't it? Seeing how you fare against the top teams.

I'm now firmly in the Winners go out to win camp, so none of this trying to get an "easier draw" rubbish because if there's one thing we all know about this England team, is that on their day..... They're capable of losing to anybody.

:tobyarm:
100%

Tonight I do not want to be disappointed by the team I'm supporting. Had this far too much over the past 18 months.

Just smash 'em, for goodness sake.

Back
Top Bottom