***England V Czech Rep 22/06/2021***

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s no pressure, so expect us to play really well and win 2/3 nil.

We will then get pumped by Germany.

They were impressive again Portugal but I don't think there's much in it between the two in regards of the quality of both squads. The way they play, I'd fancy our chances as much as it wouldn't be a surprise at all to see them knock us out. They're still a good team but playing them doesn't come with the same fear factor as it used to.

All things considered I think this would be close to being England's best and most attacking 11 that could do some real damage:

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Chilwell

Henderson
Mount
Foden

Grealish
Sancho

Kane

I genuinely think that team offers so much. But we'll never see it, not under Southgate.

All things considered I think this would be close to being England's best and most attacking 11 that could do some real damage:

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Chilwell

Rice
Mount
Foden

Grealish
Sancho
Kane

I genuinely think that team offers so much. But we'll never see it, not under Southgate.
If Mount can’t start due to having to isolate then I’d have Bellingham

At the end of the day, the coward ultra defensive approach will get you so far..... And when you inevitably get knocked out, all you have left is memories of Shite football games.

He pretty much did this all through the last World Cup.

He got a pass last time cos the squad was young and inexperienced (as was he).... There ought to be signs of progress and more cohesion; yet we wasted our preparation games and there is none of the former on show.

We're certainly not going to win the tournament playing defensively given that's our weakness.... For the sake of all involved; let's have a go!

He got a pass last time cos the squad was young and inexperienced (as was he).... There ought to be signs of progress and more cohesion; yet we wasted our preparation games and there is none of the former on show.

We're certainly not going to win the tournament playing defensively given that's our weakness.... For the sake of all involved; let's have a go!
He's already mentioned "building for the future......" which is a bullshit excuse fornunderpeeforming at the tournament that you're actually in!

620c19c0a7543238d06850e0f508524c.jpg

So neither player has covid yet both have to self-isolate. Someone explain that one to me...

Precaution?

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Anyway, we're not short of left-backs and hopefully Bellingham will now be given a chance to impress, replacing Mount.

Precaution?

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Anyway, we're not short of left-backs and hopefully Bellingham will now be given a chance to impress, replacing Mount.
Shouldn't that whole Scotland team self-isolate by the same logic then? Sure they were a lot closer to Gilmour and for longer periods. Just seems bizarre to me.

Henderson in for Mount I reckon - midfield 3 of Rice, Philips and Jordan. Dear me.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is a bit strange. Maybe Gilmour, Chilwell and Mount had a secret threesome or something.
I totally understand why they have to self isolate, but it would be nice if someone explained what this interaction amounted to and how these two managed to spend more time with Gilmour than any of his own teammates.

Wow, so if we finish Top both players will be available for the next round but if it's second then they still may need to self-isolate.

Top gets the Group F runners-up and we'd probably need Mount for that. Chilwell hasn't kicked a ball yet and may end up not playing one minute of this tournament now.

Second though would still lead to a tricky game but perhaps wed not miss Mount so much.

What a clusterfuck!

Back
Top Bottom