***England V Czech Rep 22/06/2021***

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I totally understand why they have to self isolate, but it would be nice if someone explained what this interaction amounted to and how these two managed to spend more time with Gilmour than any of his own teammates.
Or Clarke who was giving every one prolonged hugs at the end of the match??

Seems incredibly weird that not one other Scotland player has to self isolate.

As a Czech supporter, I'm nervous that Southgate will be forced to play a better team than the one he's been picking due to the COVID stuff and also wanting to rest some of his "first choice" players.

It's a strange one though as finishing 2nd in the group is undoubtedly a better result than finishing 1st given the next round matchups, but I'd still like to see a good performance.

Not a bad team but Sancho should be in instead of Sterling. Happy to see Saka. He's a bundle of energy and movement which is something we seemed to lack against the Scots.

Guessing Grealish will play in an central attacking midfield role with Rice and Phillips sitting.

Saka starting over Sancho?
Sterling still somehow starting
Two CDM'S
Walker back in after being crap v Croatia.
Grealish only in because no Mount.

Southgate is a joke.

No Sancho again. Weird.

To be fair, he's yet to really have a performance previously where he showed anything like his best Dortmund form. So it's not like he hasn't had a chance to really shine in an England shirt previously. I would have started him ahead of Sterling but I think Sterling has something like 13 goals in his last 22 England games, or something like that, which for a wide player is quite a record.

Am I hearing this right?

No Foden????

He's been one of our brightest bloody players and he's now not in the squad????

So is this going to be a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Grealish in the number 10?

Am I hearing this right?

No Foden????

He wants to give the other teams a false sense of security by playing Sterling

the man is a genius

He wants to give the other teams a false sense of security by playing Sterling

the man is a genius
I know it's not a popular opinion but I think Sterling is/was arguably our second best player. OK he's not been as good this season, but he's one of the few players we have who can approach world class levels when he's really at it. He's also our only goalscorer so far let's not forget.

Sterling is one of the least of our problems as far as I'm concerned.

Am I hearing this right?

No Foden????

So is this going to be a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Grealish in the number 10?
He will start the next game, just resting / rotating

Back
Top Bottom