***England V Czech Rep 22/06/2021***

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can only think all the riveting football we have played over the last couple of years has made one or two believe that the first half wasn't a decent watch.

It wasn't an amazing half but certainly better than a lot of the dross that we have seen this tournament.

England looking threatening going forward every time they got the ball and had multiple chances.

When you are playing against the lesser opposition, one of your holding MF has to be the ball carrier, otherwise your buildup is going to be very slow and quite boring to watch.
Phillips is dropping in behind Walker to become RCB (3 at the back) when we have the ball and Walker pushes up. Rice sits in the middle on his own.

So that effectively a front 6!!!

Please having two DM's doesn't mean that's where they stay!!!

This is quite smart!!

It wasn't an amazing half but certainly better than a lot of the dross that we have seen this tournament.

England looking threatening going forward every time they got the ball and had multiple chances.

Yeah. I thought it was decent. Both teams created chances. Tempo is still a bit slow at times when England have the ball at the back, and I wish our players would have the confidence to take a touch at times instead of lumping it back to the keeper.

Rice and Phillips are there to allow Grealish and Saka to do what they are doing.
Your argument would make sense if it was against the superior side.

It's like saying playing Dier and Wanyama in midfield against Norwich would allow Eriksen and Dele to do what they're doing.

England needs Dembele/Ndombele type of a player next to Rice or Phillips and Bellingham is the closest thing we have as a ball carrier dribbler.

Phillips is dropping in behind Walker to become RCB (3 at the back) when we have the ball and Walker pushes up. Rice sits in the middle on his own.

So that effectively a front 6!!!

Please having two DM's doesn't mean that's where they stay!!!

This is quite smart!!
Shame walker not getting some more crosses in today and our corners have been pants.

I thought England looked threatening going forward, but at the same time, Czech look like they could easily nick a goal, so a second goal is important.

England so much better when they move the ball quickly - none of this pedestrian crap.

That said, I've seen nothing to suggest the likes of France, Germany etc will be unduly worried.

Your argument would make sense if it was against the superior side.

It's like saying playing Dier and Wanyama in midfield against Norwich would allow Eriksen and Dele to do what they're doing.

England needs Dembele/Ndombele type of a player next to Rice or Phillips and Bellingham is the closest thing we have as a ball carrier dribbler.

We are playing in a 3 - 1 - 6 formation as a direct result of where our two holding midfielders and FB's are playing mate!!!!!!

Very enjoyable half.
Absolute pleasure to watch Grealish play. He and Harry have a great understanding and would love the pair at WHL next season.

Very enjoyable half.
Absolute pleasure to watch Grealish play. He and Harry have a great understanding and would love the pair at WHL next season.

The only way we could afford Grealish is if we sold Kane, and if we sell Kane, I doubt Grealish comes anyway. He's Manchester bound, imo.

Back
Top Bottom