***England V Czech Rep 22/06/2021***

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well Grealish was lovely on the ball till he went off, Saka is very quick. Overall reasonable performance from everyone without really breaking the opposition.

I also think that playing at Wembley isn't doing us any favours as we get too comfortable and slow the pace right down. It's not like Wembley is packed to the rafters and the crowd are roaring the players on.
I agree.

I'm not a fan of this tournament format really. Most of the enjoyment of watching England play in a Euros or World Cup is watching them play in another country, different stadiums, fans behind them etc. This playing every match at Wembley is very boring.

I think people are under-rating the Czech's a fair bit. They've beaten some good sides over the last year or two. I saw them play Belgium in a World Cup qualifier in March and they were much the better side in a 1-1 draw. We just beat them pretty comfortably without ever having to go up another gear. Not spectacular but certainly solid. Some people need to give their heads a bit of a wobble.

I agree.

I'm not a fan of this tournament format really. Most of the enjoyment of watching England play in a Euros or World Cup is watching them play in another country, different stadiums, fans behind them etc. This playing every match at Wembley is very boring.
There definitely should be a host nation..... It's what it's all about really. At the moment it just feels like a load of friendlies.

It will definitely kick up a gear in the knockout stages though

Can't see us beating France but I think we have a decent chance against Germany and especially Portugal.

Spider Man Lol GIF

Win the next 3 or 4 games 1 nil and we win and no one will ever give a shit. Seems like such a fucking waste of the talent we have.
Gareth did the deed. We top the group. Can't ask for more.
He has given players their chance and some have stepped up and some haven't.
I think he must know 9 of his best XI and there is competition for nearly every position.

I think people are under-rating the Czech's a fair bit. They've beaten some good sides over the last year or two. I saw them play Belgium in a World Cup qualifier in March and they were much the better side in a 1-1 draw. We just beat them pretty comfortably without ever having to go up another gear. Not spectacular but certainly solid. Some people need to give their heads a bit of a wobble.
Thank fuck for that then because we won't play anyone as good as them next round.

Gareth did the deed. We top the group. Can't ask for more.
He has given players their chance and some have stepped up and some haven't.
I think he must know 9 of his best XI and there is competition for nearly every position.

A lot of England fans will ask for more though. They have limited football knowledge outside of Spurs, and think any side that isn't the likes of France, Brazil and Germany we should be beating 3 or 4.

Has Pickford had a save to make so far?

Remember one decent save in this game, in the first half. Comfortable save from a shot that was heading into the top corner.

Doesn't matter though. We've only got 7 points from 9 and we shouldn't be allowing an opponent a shot on target now and again. Disgraceful.

Kane looks a bit lazy when he’s playing for England. He should be looking to get the ball and make things happen.

Careful mate.

I think he played alright to be fair. Looked desperate to score but wasn't as selfish as he sometimes is for us.

I think he will need to score for us to go beyond the last 16 but we are into the knockout phase and so far it's a zero so maybe I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom