England v Denmark 14 October 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif
You may bin me.

People on here will kill me, but I honestly think the FA should give the job, or at least give a big role in the set-up to Arsene Wenger. Club rivalry aside, he does know how to put creative and flair players in favourable situations.
it's hardly heresy to suggest that a guy who won rather too many for my liking titles cups etc MIGHT be a tad better than a fucking muppet who got Boro relegated. Their own fans - for whom he was a hero as a player - will readily tell you he was an absolute muppet.

Death, taxes, and the FA screwing up Managerial appointments

:dempsey:

Southgate started with such promise. He picked the right players. He picked the right system. We even humbled Spain. But it’s now obvious that was all just luck and he is a stupid bigoted cunt after all.

When you look at the talent we have, there's just no excuses for such inept performances that we've had to endure this Nations League. We all loved the waistcoat wearing Southgate that took us to the semi's of a World Cup. But he just seems to be getting so much wrong now. I used to defend him but I honestly think we now need a change, some fresh ideas. Going back to my original point, as bad as we are at the back compared to the defence we were able to put out some years back, we still have talent at least on par with most other top Nations. All of the below are under 25 or at 25, with the vast majority being nowhere near that age,

Goalkeepers

Dean Henderson
Aaron Ramsdale

Left-Back

Ben Chilwell
Bukayo Saka
Matt Targett
Ryan Sessegnon

Right-Back

Trent Alexander-Arnold
Reece James
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Tariq Lamptey
Max Aarons
James Justin

Centre-Backs

Joe Gomez
Japhet Tangana
Ben White
Ben Godfrey
Ezri Konza
Marc Guehi

Midfielders

Mason Mount
Phil Foden
Declan Rice
Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Jude Bellingham
Tom Davies
Todd Cantwell
Sean Longstaff
Joe Willock
Oliver Skipp

Wingers/Wide players

Raheem Sterling
Marcus Rashford
Jadon Sancho
Jack Grealish
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Harvey Barnes
Dwight McNeil
Reiss Nelson
Curtis Jones
Morgan Gibbs-White
Grady Diangana
Eberechi Eze

Strikers

Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Tammy Abraham
Mason Greenwood
Eddie Nketiah
Rhian Brewster

We have an abundance of talent coming through. But does anyone genuinely have faith that Southgate is still the right man to get the best from this lot?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom