England v Denmark 14 October 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, thank fuck this international crap is over. It's been 3 thrilling games England so a massive thank you for filling the Spurs void. It's flown by this break.

England/Southgate have been a bit fucked in the last couple of rounds of internationals by drop outs and misdemeanours, but a lot of the momentum crashing to a halt is on him.

For the last couple of years England have actually played pretty well with a 4-3-3, opposition hasn't been up to much but the football has been fluid and attack minded and a decent watch.

Seems though that with questions over the centre backs he's gone uber pragmatic for some reason and is now selecting nonsense teams with three centre backs and two anchor men. Problem is though we now look so ill at ease this isn't making us any more secure, is killing our attacking game, and if anything the players as a group now look worse.

I say defensively we're always going to look suspect with the options available, four or five at the back, so may as well just go for it and attack teams rather than getting overly obsessed with shoring the team up. I fear though that Southgate and co. feel three/five at the back is the way to go for tournament football and we're stuck with it.

Also his faith in certain players hasn't been rewarded. Pickford, Maguire, Dier, Rashford etc. aren't responding, and, not even from a Spurs perspective, what was Kane, and his concrete boots, doing out there tonight? He got a bit better second half, more Gregor Rasiak than Andy Booth, but looked totally run into the ground already (bodes well for the weeks ahead.....) and so what was the point in picking him really.

Add in the discipline issues at the moment and seems a perfect storm is gathering, which is a shame because I think Southgate is alright, a decent guy not out for himself who actually cares about and wants the job which is refreshing given the last 10-20 years, and has done some good things with the national team, but he's got to get a grip of it.

Southgate is a car crash of a manager. Yeah, he did well to steady the ship and we all enjoyed the run in the World Cup. But he's not someone who will take us that next step and I can only see us going backwards under his guidance. We have so many exciting players to choose from and yet we'll see so few of them on the pitch at the same time. Can someone also tell me what all the hype with Sancho is about? I mean his stats in Germany are brilliant but every time he pulls on an England shirt he looks lethargic and doesn't even try to take players on when he has the ball. Select Pickford, Maguire, Rice and Mount (as one of your three attackers) game after game and you deserve everything you get.

Southgate is a car crash of a manager. Yeah, he did well to steady the ship and we all enjoyed the run in the World Cup. But he's not someone who will take us that next step and I can only see us going backwards under his guidance. We have so many exciting players to choose from and yet we'll see so few of them on the pitch at the same time. Can someone also tell me what all the hype with Sancho is about? I mean his stats in Germany are brilliant but every time he pulls on an England shirt he looks lethargic and doesn't even try to take players on when he has the ball. Select Pickford, Maguire, Rice and Mount (as one of your three attackers) game after game and you deserve everything you get.

Well he has done better then any recent manager. Yes an easy route to the semi and they lost against anyone that dared test em. But guess what, England are a shit tournament team. So why bother expecting anything.

Look at where we were at the end of the world cup 2 years ago.... We have a deeper squad with more quality players yet what progression have we made?

He has failed to build on the WC.

Why is poch going to manage england. This is a meaningless game. Get a grip ffs
Dont tell me to get a grip you cunt.

I'm tired of his shite team selection. We have been utter wank for 6 games in a row ignoring a game against Wales B team. He has fallen into the usual trap of getting married to players who just ain't performing. Maguire and pickford should be nowhere near the team. 3cbs and 2cdms at home to Denmark? What fucking planet are we on?

Back
Top Bottom