England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is that true? I thought that as Denmark is on our Amber list, people from there had to quarantine for 10 days on arrival in England. What's the situation? Did they come over here last week, or something?
Ex-pats thought I heard on the radio.

OK, OK... my experience is that you can feel it readily, if in a hampered state (stress or post high exertion etc) then the feeling is very easy.

Bath hot as you can comfortably take, 1/2kg or better 1kg, soak as long as you are comfortable, longer is better IMO (though much contested), then finish with a cool shower, gradually going colder as much as is comfortable, until the skin is cool to the touch.

Also, for high athletic recovery/significant need to regain ATP and stimulate oxygen into the body, you may add 1.5l 12% Food Grade H2O2. Expensive, but very nice (your body cover in bubbles, the H2O2 is a weak bond that gives a super oxygen rich bath effectively).

...we found that magnesium penetrates through human stratum corneum and it depends on concentration and time of exposure. We also found that hair follicles make a significant contribution to magnesium penetration.

Continuation of bathing for 7 days in all except 2 individuals gave a rise to a mean of 140.98 ± 17.00ppm/ml. Prolonged soaking in Epsom salts therefore increases blood magnesium concentrations. Measurement of magnesium levels in urine showed a rise from the control level, mean 94.81 ± 44.26 ppm/ml to 198.93 ± 97.52 ppm/ml after the first bath. Those individuals where the blood magnesium levels were not increased had correspondingly large increases in urinary magnesium showing that the magnesium ions had crossed the skin barrier and had been excreted via the kidney, presumably because the blood levels were already optimal. Generally, urinary magnesium levels 24h after the first bath fell from the initial values found after day 1 (mean 118. 43 ± 51.95) suggesting some retention of magnesium in tissues after bathing as blood levels were still high. Measurement of magnesium levels in urine 24h after the 7th bath gave values almost back to control levels.

This was based on 12minute baths. The optimal level comment for those whose levels did not increase is incorrect, IMO, it is my suspicion that those people were likely soo backed that all the Mg²⁺ ions were spin up in the Kidneys to help clear the backlog (but that's going off course to your needs).

Loads like this below, on Magnesium supplements more generally:

We conclude that magnesium supplementation seems to exert a protective effect on muscle damage.

Good crude schedule is Calcium early part of day, meeting together with Magnesium just before a Sporting event, then Magnesium post event (this suits the autonomic nervous system ideally, unless the event is late night or early day).

Think I remember you're a active sporty guy... hence I've made a little effort for you!

Hope these words are better, if not I have more!
Muchly appreciated 😉👍

genuinely, thanks for the info

Could Holjberg be the most played footballer in world football this season? Genuine question. Guy is an absolute machine, barely misses a minute.

He badly needs an extra few days off so make it happen England please

Last edited:
Denmark's biggest strength is there team spirit. They have lots of good players but how many Danish players would genuinely get into England's best 11? There wouldn't be many. And the team spirit within this England side is the best it's been since I can remember. All things considered and with home advantage we should have enough to go through, though I certainly don't think we'll be winning this one as comfortably as we did against Ukraine in the end.

I expect Sancho to be benched for one of Foden or Grealish for this game. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Tripper or James over Walker, the latter who was a bit dodgy yesterday and definitely looked our weak link.

One thing I also noticed yesterday is that Calvert-Lewin, although a perfectly good and likable striker, is nowhere near the level of Kane. It makes you appreciate Harry even more when he's no longer on and someone else is on to replace him. Even without his goals, just how good he is at holding the ball up and linking play when he's playing well. The only person I can think of in world football that has a pretty similar game to him is Karim Benzema, who's also a genuine world-class player. But even he doesn't have the passing range Harry does.

Denmark's biggest strength is there team spirit. They have lots of good players but how many Danish players would genuinely get into England's best 11? There wouldn't be many. And the team spirit within this England side is the best it's been since I can remember. All things considered and with home advantage we should have enough to go through, though I certainly don't think we'll be winning this one as comfortably as we did against Ukraine in the end.

I expect Sancho to be benched for one of Foden or Grealish for this game. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Tripper or James over Walker, the latter who was a bit dodgy yesterday and definitely looked our weak link.
I'd possibly take Schmeichel over Pickford, and Hojberg and Christensen for the squad, first 11 probably not.
Would've taken Eriksen too obviously.

Just seen that in the past 6 matches, Denmark won 3 times, 1 draw and 2 wins for the brits. With 9-6 goalscore in danish favor, now i feel a bit more relaxed about that match, especially with Pierre on form :)

Back
Top Bottom