England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really want Spain to win, I feel Italy will cheat there way to winning tournament
I think the Immobile incident and the last 10 minutes of their match with Belgium might have just gone against them in fans and also officials eyes.

I would have thought that refs would have been made aware of all the gamesmanship and will be on the lookout for it - we'll see how they get reffed tonight - it would be great if the ref calls them out on their BS play acting.

I always thought the phrase is because football came from these shores, and not because of one World Cup win.
It is

It was because we were hosting Euro 96 so football was "coming home"

It had "been away" a long time but now it was coming home.

Nothing to do with winning just about hosting the tournament - as in

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming FOOTBALL'S coming home.

Last edited:
In
Thought Schmeichel was more ignorant with his

Thought Schmeichel was more ignorant with his response.
In what way was he ignorant. Was he meant to pander to a stupid question from the journalist. I thought it was a good reply.
Lets face it even though the whole footballs coming home thing was meant as in football itself is coming home its rarely used like that. It is used in the winning it kind of way.

Back
Top Bottom