England v Hungary

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never said the bold. Have some self-respect and faith in your position Deuterz and stop distorting things with your nonsense disingenuousness. I said threat...just like your points about Kulu. A team full of players waiting for other, better players to make the money plays.

Not true. In the last 10 years I have NEVER seen a good English NT performance. That bolsters my fucking point FFS.

We are not talking about French. Amazing you keep bringing them up...must be talent envy on your part.

Oh boy, that's really gutting. You know what, I'm sure what the English NT really wanted was some know it all yank who nobody listens to on a football forum to be impressed by them. I'm sure when they were reaching finals and semi finals they came away gutted by the fact that Todd1882 didn't like their style of play.

Fuck off.

Well, a WC semi-final and a Euro Final. That’s what we got. Our best performances in decades.

Where exactly is this expectation coming from? That we should be winning every game? Pretty much every major nation has thrown the Nations League games. We pretty much played a B team.

I’m surprised at all the melting. England are a good side, not a great side. They’ll need a bit of luck to go anywhere. It is what it is.

You haven't got the thread of what I responded to at all..... And I made no suggestion as to whether i expect to win every game or not either.

You're entirely wide of the mark in terms of what my take is......

Oh boy, that's really gutting. You know what, I'm sure what the English NT really wanted was some know it all yank who nobody listens to on a football forum to be impressed by them. I'm sure when they were reaching finals and semi finals they came away gutted by the fact that Todd1882 didn't like their style of play.

Fuck off.
Well, Deuterz, have YOU seen a good England performance in the last 10 years? No need to listen to "some know it all yank who nobody listens to on a football forum" they can listen to a shit talking, xenophobic, windmill tilting, disingenuous Englishman's perspective. Go on then...

Off I fuck RD.

Well, Deuterz, have YOU seen a good England performance in the last 10 years? No need to listen to "some know it all yank who nobody listens to on a football forum" they can listen to a shit talking, xenophobic, windmill tilting, disingenuous Englishman's perspective. Go on then...

Off I fuck RD.

Haha you've got some fucking nerve. Wormy little hypocrite, half your existence on here is shitting on anything English, to the point where most people seem to have stuck you on ignore because you can't hide it.

And yes, I've seen plenty of good England performances. I posted a video of one not long ago. The 2-0 win over Germany in the Euros was also a good performance, and we played well vs Denmark as well. Beyond that lots of enjoyable wins in qualifiers/friendlies/whatever.

I meant they didn’t give a great performance against Ireland but did in the next game against Armenia

It took the oppo getting a man sent off for them to take the lead. They then racked up a flattering scoreline thanks to having an extra man for 45mins.

"Great performance" it was not.

Airfixx Airfixx Out of interest, if you had all the power, would you sack Southgate? Then if so, who would you (realistically) appoint?

You may have already answered this in which case sorry. Just interested to know what people think should be done.

Haha you've got some fucking nerve. Wormy little hypocrite, half your existence on here is shitting on anything English, to the point where most people seem to have stuck you on ignore because you can't hide it.
You literally can't stop the personal attacks can you? You argument is so, so fucking thin.
And yes, I've seen plenty of good England performances.
"Plenty" you say?!?!?!?

Gareth 4eva ~ Deuterz, apparently.

You literally can't stop the personal attacks can you? You argument is so, so fucking thin.

"Plenty" you say?!?!?!?

Gareth 4eva ~ Deuterz, apparently.

You've provided zero counter to the simple fact that England have actually excelled as a NT in recent years. Your whole claim of 'overrated English talent' depends on the English talent flopping, but they fundamentally haven't. You might not find it 'exciting' to watch but that's subjective. I don't care if you enjoyed watching us comfortably beat Germany 2-0 or Spain 3-2, we won the games.

There's maybe a couple of other national teams who can claim to have been as consistently competitive as England have since 2018. They've finished 2nd, 3rd & 4th in the three tournaments they've fully competed in, and were a shootout away from a trophy. During these runs there were plenty of 'money moments' from English players to win matches.

Your counter arguments boil down to subjective preferences on style & 3 nations league fixtures. It's about as weak as it gets. The only other possible argument is that Southgate has us punching well above our weight, and I'd love to see you argue that. We get to finals? It wasn't fun! We outscore everyone in qualifiers? Oh yeah but .. you played weak teams! Your arguments suck. I just insult you on top of destroying them.

Wow, Deuterz, this must be really embarrassing for you...

But then, this is England, where it is necessary to manage not just the team but also the vast freighted load of English insularity, English expectation. The founding identity of the England football team rests on one basic misconception, that the default option is for England to win. And that if this is not happening then there is a problem to solve, because something is fundamentally wrong with the universe.

I think this stands as defense of my fucking position. Everyone is not against England because they have something critical to say you deflecting prick.

Barney Ronay is an anti-English twat ~ Deuterz, probably.

Wow, Deuterz, this must be really embarrassing for you...

I think this stands as defense of my fucking position. Everyone is not against England because they have something critical to say you deflecting prick.

Barney Ronay is an anti-English twat ~ Deuterz, probably.

So embarrassed!!!

If you can't see how the tone & intent of that article differs from your own, you're lost. It all gets a bit self hatey and pompous (duh, it's the guardian) but it at least makes legitimate points regarding gaps in the squad & football culture. It isn't just some dull attack on how English footballers aren't threatening and are overrated blah blah blah.

You and your sidekick are anti England. Not everyone who criticises England is. Loads of people have made valid points, you two haven't because you have an agenda. Pretty clear & obvious. The lack of a genuine creative CM or top tier CB? Valid. English players not having 'money moments' ?? Dumbfuckery, shut up.

(Also .. again. It's The Guardian. Most journalists for the Guardian hate England even more than you do, Todd.)

The Euros last year were in England and we got carried saway by the hype, as we always do.

We got so few top top players so it's a system that works fantastically well or forget it.

We ain't winning nothing for a long time. Pure and simple.

Southgate is okay but now on that inexorable dip that leads to one outcome only..

You and your sidekick are anti England. Not everyone who criticises England is. Loads of people have made valid points, you two haven't because you have an agenda. Pretty clear & obvious. The lack of a genuine creative CM or top tier CB? Valid. English players not having 'money moments' ?? Dumbfuckery, shut up.
As Notabadsquad has said above, England have virtually zero top top players and real difference makers that can make something happen out of nothing or grab the game by the scruff of the neck. They have a lot of good to very good players, but no one that stands out. I can't think of one single English player that's hands down their best player for their club. MAYBE Rice for a shit West Ham squad?

As Notabadsquad has said above, England have virtually zero top top players and real difference makers that can make something happen out of nothing or grab the game by the scruff of the neck. They have a lot of good to very good players, but no one that stands out. I can't think of one single English player that's hands down their best player for their club. MAYBE Rice for a shit West Ham squad?

Mount is Chelsea's player of the year two years running. Wasn't your whole argument about Son being the best because he wins player of the year loads? So he would fit your criteria. Personally I think James is Chelsea's best, but hey ho.

Saka also Woolwich's player of the year two years running. Rice is obviously West Ham's best player with Bowen a distant second. The only reason you could ever argue Kane isn't is because he has another world class player in the team and it's close. The like of Trent & Foden are still huge players for their clubs & difference makers, they just play for Liverpool & City.

How many Germans or Spaniards are THE best player on their teams?

So embarrassed!!!

If you can't see how the tone & intent of that article differs from your own, you're lost. It all gets a bit self hatey and pompous (duh, it's the guardian) but it at least makes legitimate points regarding gaps in the squad & football culture. It isn't just some dull attack on how English footballers aren't threatening and are overrated blah blah blah.

(Also .. again. It's The Guardian. Most journalists for the Guardian hate England even more than you do, Todd.)
You should stop, you truly are embarrassing yourself now. First it's bc I'm a Yank, then I'm anti-English, then it's the French, etc etc etc etc. Now along with the refs and UEFA, the Guardian has it out for England as well. Voted the best sports page over and over by English folks but they RD says they have it out for England. Have you no shame, Deuterz? I think we have our answer.

You should stop, you truly are embarrassing yourself now. First it's bc I'm a Yank, then I'm anti-English, then it's the French, etc etc etc etc. Now along with the refs and UEFA, the Guardian has it out for England as well. Voted the best sports page over and over by English folks but they RD says they have it out for England. Have you no shame, Deuterz? I think we have our answer.

Todd is out of points himself, resorted instead to posting Guardian articles by random journalists & claiming this will somehow 'embarrass' me because said journalist thinks England lack a couple of top players.

Gonna stick you on ignore now Todd, like 90% of the board. Then it'll really be embarrassing for you because you'll essentially just be talking to yourself. You should thank me from the bottom of your heart for actually replying to you, nobody else does.

Southgate is a suit. Should focus less on identity politics and more on tactics. Getting our pants pulled down twice by hungary and 4-0 at home is a disgrace. Get someone with some managerial ability for the WC.

Todd is out of points himself, resorted instead to posting Guardian articles by random journalists & claiming this will somehow 'embarrass' me because said journalist thinks England lack a couple of top players.

Gonna stick you on ignore now Todd, like 90% of the board. Then it'll really be embarrassing for you because you'll essentially just be talking to yourself. You should thank me from the bottom of your heart for actually replying to you, nobody else does.
Embarrassing!

Mount is Chelsea's player of the year two years running. Wasn't your whole argument about Son being the best because he wins player of the year loads? So he would fit your criteria. Personally I think James is Chelsea's best, but hey ho.

Saka also Woolwich's player of the year two years running. Rice is obviously West Ham's best player with Bowen a distant second. The only reason you could ever argue Kane isn't is because he has another world class player in the team and it's close. The like of Trent & Foden are still huge players for their clubs & difference makers, they just play for Liverpool & City.

How many Germans or Spaniards are THE best player on their teams?

If Mount is Chelsea's best player next season we will.finish above them.

Mount ain't getting into a 22 man world squad that's for sure.

And after Kane, who really isn't great at international level, who is the next English striker?

All that we are seeing is reality at international level..

If Mount is Chelsea's best player next season we will.finish above them.

Mount ain't getting into a 22 man world squad that's for sure.

And after Kane, who really isn't great at international level, who is the next English striker?

All that we are seeing is reality at international level..

Mount is an extremely good footballer with some huge moments already in his career. Extremely productive & his off the ball work is fantastic. He's been loved by every manager he's played under. I have no idea if he'd make a 22 man squad, he's still a very good footballer.

Tammy Abraham, who Roma fans loved last season & who had an excellent season. Who are other countries back up strikers? Brazil's starting one is Richarlison. Germany play Timo Werner.

What reality? European finalists who went out on penalties? Or is reality a 4-0 loss in a nations league friendly where the players aren't focused & are knackered? Is it really? The only reality is that every team (aside from maybe France) have an absence of top tier, world class players, and they all have big gaps too.

Back
Top Bottom