****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Canโ€™t believe it. Unreal.

Probably cos Iโ€™m over 50 and have also been to multiple FA cup semis with Spurs without this kind of joy.

We're more than capable. Kane, Sterling and any from Grealish, Sancho, Saka or Foden can give that back line kittens. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Henderson, Foden and Sancho start.

Extra time was not good.

As tires as the Italians looked and despite some injuries they also have had a day to get rid of the lactic acid.

For me Southgate has had one BIG test and passed it - against Germany.

Here comes the BIGGEST.. Mancini is a different level.of manager so Southgate will have to outwit.

Sterling and Kane are pivotal for us attacking-wise, calming Pickford down is also crucial.

Mancini will seek.to explore the left of our defence because Walker is impassable, and the midfield, though unbelievably energetuc will possibly be an area of weakness. By the way what an engine Phillips has got. Lord knows how he has stayed under the radar but what a good fit for the job Southgate wants doing.

And another thing that is really important. 4 captains on the pitch at times. It really helps.

We're more than capable. Kane, Sterling and any from Grealish, Sancho, Saka or Foden can give that back line kittens. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Henderson, Foden and Sancho start.

Not a chance those 3 will start but agree on Kane and Sterling.

The obsession with Grealsh is weird. His time may come at the World Cup.

Good on the ball but not good without..

Not a chance those 3 will start but agree on Kane and Sterling.

The obsession with Grealsh is weird. His time may come at the World Cup.

Good on the ball but not good without..

Mayne not, but I'd be very surprised if we see the same 11. In fact I'll go as far to say I know he won't start the same 11 that started tonight. There might be only one change, there could be two or three.

Last edited:
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

9695-DA99-AF09-4-E57-A5-DE-465305961402.jpg

DEF65886-EC44-4-DFE-9-F01-469077570-E73.jpg

Extra time was not good.

As tires as the Italians looked and despite some injuries they also have had a day to get rid of the lactic acid.

For me Southgate has had one BIG test and passed it - against Germany.

Here comes the BIGGEST.. Mancini is a different level.of manager so Southgate will have to outwit.

Sterling and Kane are pivotal for us attacking-wise, calming Pickford down is also crucial.

Mancini will seek.to explore the left of our defence because Walker is impassable, and the midfield, though unbelievably energetuc will possibly be an area of weakness. By the way what an engine Phillips has got. Lord knows how he has stayed under the radar but what a good fit for the job Southgate wants doing.

And another thing that is really important. 4 captains on the pitch at times. It really helps.

I think it will be a great match with a lot of factors to consider. Mancini has lost some thrust on the left: we don't have another Spinazzola. However, he found confirmation in the Church that at the beginning of the European Championship he had been overtaken by Berardi. Unfortunately we don't have a Kane in front but you don't have a Donnarumma in the door. Midfield and defense against Spain suffered as L. Enrique removed reference points in front. Italy will try to play like against Belgium with Verratti and Jorginho more brilliant. Bonucci and Chiellini will try to stop Kane and great attention will be paid to Sterling, in my opinion the most unpredictable player.

But I want to say one thing.
Last night I didn't see the game because I was traveling for work and there was no line (galleries). I don't want to disrespect anyone but I have never seen a penalty awarded with two balls on the pitch. In such a situation the game has always and I always say stopped. From amateur football to Champions League matches.

Back
Top Bottom