****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can definitely win this game.

Loads of respect for the Italians, but I think we edge it in quality/end product.

Fantastic to have lived up to our promise at last, one more game!
And we will have the edge in fitness

A lot of the Italians looked gassed in that game on Tuesday whereas last night the longer the game went on the stronger we looked and we have pace coming off the bench which will be crucial

3-1 England

I've seen a lot of people saying we should start Grealish?

I like him a lot but in his cameos so far he has looked okish.... And even a bit reluctant to track back?

Surely he shouldn't start the final? That is just too risky no?

Only real question for me is the Sancho/Saka or Foden dilemma.

I think a back 3 will be what Gareth goes for a la the Germany game.

I wonder whose idea it was to schedule the final for 8pm (9pm in Italy). This will make it very late for children who have school the next day and spectators who have to go to work on Monday. If it goes to penalties, the celebrations won't finish until about 11pm (midnight in Italy).

MV5BYzZjMWVlZGYtMmVkOC00NWY1LTg3MjEtZWRlM2RmMDE3ZmRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_SX178_AL_.jpg

Change Michael Caine to Harry Kane & a photoshop the face. Happy days.

I like him a lot but in his cameos so far he has looked okish.... And even a bit reluctant to track back?

I don't understand the obsession with Grealish. He's good, not great. His biggest contribution is drawing fouls.

I wouldn't be starting him in the most important games, against the better sides. Against the likes of Scotland and the Czech's, sure.

I wonder whose idea it was to schedule the final for 8pm (9pm in Italy). This will make it very late for children who have school the next day and spectators who have to go to work on Monday. If it goes to penalties, the celebrations won't finish until about 11pm (midnight in Italy).
Not much would work will be done on monday in either country. About half (including myself) of my company have already booked the day off and I think they'll end up treating it as a 4 day week, win lose or draw not many adults will be a fit state to work. As for the kids, most schools break up either next week or early the week after. Exams are done and not much school work will de done anyway. Also in Italy most regions schools finish this week.

I see the line up being the same as the Denmark game, unless Southgate wants to play the 3-4-3 then I'd imagine it'd be Trippier in for Mount or Saka. I'd personally like to see Saka instead of Mount, he does a lot of tracking back and defensive covering and Mount hasn't really hit any form in front of goal where Saka has been decent at attacking the wing back. Grealish looks best coming off the bench at the moment and terrorising tired legs.

The Americans (or for their TV viewers) I imagine

I don't understand the obsession with Grealish. He's good, not great. His biggest contribution is drawing fouls.
He's a 'head up' player, possibly the rarest trait there is. Think Scholes, Pirlo, Zidane - the ability to command the ball, move forward and read the game.

Even Sterling, and definitely Saka, Sancho etc are head down beat them man and gas. Grealish plays with a vision pretty much unmatched in the England team, maybe Kane. If he had enough time on the pitch I think people would see what he can bring. Through passes, scores, positional play and yes draws a lot of fouls. He's a definite starter for me

My 2p

Scoring first is imperative. Italians have an even better lock down defence than the Danes and Donnarumma is on as good form as Schmeichel. Pickford wobbled for the first time yesterday.

This is going to be a torturous few days...

It’s going to be a hard match for both teams. Really can’t choose a definitive favourite. Italy maybe the better team but England playing at home with a also a very good team. Hope England wins. What Harry to lift the thing

Back
Top Bottom