****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never thought it was coming home before the tournament started , i thought we would win the groups but go out against the first decent team, but now if it doesn’t come home I’m going to be absolutely devastated! It’s a funny old game ain’t it!

I don't really get this notion that we were always going to go out when we come up against a decent team. I've heard others say it. But why? Our attack is as good as any around and we have plenty of strength in depth in other areas. It's not just luck or a coincidence that prior to this tournament we made two semi-finals, or that since the World Cup in 2018 we've gone on to beat sides like Spain, Belgium and Croatia.

Obviously there's always a chance you'll lose when playing the top sides. But I think England had already shown going into the tournament that they are now capable in the big games against the top sides.

#s
I don't really get this notion that we were always going to go out when we come up against a decent team. I've heard others say it. But why? Our attack is as good as any around and we have plenty of strength in depth in other areas. It's not just luck or a coincidence that prior to this tournament we made two semi-finals, or that since the World Cup in 2018 we've gone on to beat sides like Spain, Belgium and Croatia.

Obviously there's always a chance you'll lose when playing the top sides. But I think England had already shown going into the tournament that they are now capable in the big games against the top sides.
From the start I had France then Portugal with us third with Belgium. Was concerned the manager wasn't up to it but our squad is very good.

There's no denying we've had a really poor record in knockout football over the last 25 years or so. It's hard to shake off so many years of being shit.

That Germany game was the biggest win of Southgate's career in terms of getting over that hoodoo.

fogueres fogueres you seem a nice spirit posted, so don't take this the wrong way...

I've been to Italy several times, toured it, and can say with strong experience, that Pizza in Croatia and Montenegro are much better.

#EnglishHybridCuisineRulesTheWorld!!!

don't really get this notion that we were always going to go out when we come up against a decent team.
Just from the World Cup mate , can’t lie though I didn’t follow any international football leading up to the Euros as I completely feel out of love with England , but that’s changed now that’s down to Gareth, so credit where it is due!

I don't get the 'it's coming home thing' at all. We've never won the European Championship.
I think they just mean football in general is coming home if we win anything , isn’t it mad though the amount of English talent we have had since 1966 and we have won fuck all! Even Spurs have won trophies since 66! :mourshock:

Just from the World Cup mate , can’t lie though I didn’t follow any international football leading up to the Euros as I completely feel out of love with England , but that’s changed now that’s down to Gareth, so credit where it is due!

Scary to think that we could quite easily have Sam Allardyce in charge right now. What paper was it that exposed him and cost the fat head his job? Whichever it was should be considered a national treasure.

Scary to think that we could quite easily have Sam Allardyce in charge right now. What paper was it that exposed him and cost the fat head his job? Whichever it was should be considered a national treasure.
I don’t think I have ever seen an England side that actually look like a team before , it’s normally a good team but with a lot of individuals playing for themselves before the team, the squad we have now are playing for each other and the team and it’s making a huge difference ! Even if we lose tomorrow I think we have a good chance at the World Cup!

Back
Top Bottom