****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mount was garbage all game. Not sure he deserved a place over Sancho or grealish tbh
I honestly don't see why he's first choice. He's hardly some box to box dynamo putting challenges like Philips or Scott Parker of yesteryear. And he barely ever gives any attacking threat other than the basics. He's like the shit version of Dele Alli.

He chose the guys...

raw
Fuck off you wind up merchant.
Worth a ban tbh. You're an absolute tool.

So disappointing/disappointed. On balance of play, the Italians deserved the victory, we created sod all for probably 95% of the game.
Rashford's penalty was atrocious, don't know why people just don't blast it, at least get it on target, and if the goalie saves it, so be it
As a lot of people have mentioned, so similar to watching us under Mourinho, you just knew what was coming.
Turned the TV over as soon as they won it.
Only consolation is that the young players have had some invaluable experience of a major tournament.

When I saw Saka's face before his pen I thought he looked absolutely terrified.
He was fucked, the occasion got to him. He had the balls to take one though but he should not have been on the pitch or allowed to take one. Some of the senior players have let their country down. It is not about scoring or missing, it is about having the bottle to take some responsibility. Look at Maguire, centre back, steps up and smashes it in.

Italy were brilliant for much of the second half, but when they faded England never really counterpunched and were much to slow in bringing on fresh legs.
Brilliant is too strong, they just kept the ball well, built a few chances and showed their experience in defence. Not as if they were peppering the England goal relentlessly

Should've had Grealish and Sancho on at 60-70mins.

He was fucked, the occasion got to him. He had the balls to take one though but he should not have been on the pitch or allowed to take one. Some of the senior players have let their country down. It is not about scoring or missing, it is about having the bottle to take some responsibility. Look at Maguire, centre back, steps up and smashes it in.
Yeah. Where was grealish or Shaw?

At the end of the day, Mancini has more nouse than Southgate and the Italians have much more experience than we currently do. Losing semi's and finals hurt but they will also help our young team. Tonight was a missed chance but we've now shown that we're no mugs and we can compete with the best sides around. Italy only beat us on penalties, and this is a team most people have been drooling over. We should only continue to get better.

I agree up to a point, but Italy were very good. Their technical ability in tight spaces was superb and their movement, I have to say, was incredible.

I'm absolutely gutted here, but being honest, the better team on the night won.

Regardless, this England team took us on a wonderful journey and, unfortunately, just couldn't quite get it over the line.

No recriminations, those boys will be feeling far worse than we do, but I still feel huge pride in them.

Now we go on and win the World Cup.
Not sure about that I feel pretty fucking terrible yet again...winning the world cup is fucking laughable, have you watched tonight..and all of our games in this tournament

At the end of the day, Mancini has more nouse than Southgate and the Italians have much more experience than we currently do. Losing semi's and finals hurt but they will also help our young team. Tonight was a missed chance but we've no shown that we're no mugs and we can compete with the best sides around. We should only continue to get better.
This. Experience makes you stronger right?

Back
Top Bottom