****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although a gooner - must have been horrible to have all those Italians run past you celebrating while you've let the entire nation down..

Is that Shaw that first sprints to him? Fair play to him

Although a gooner - must have been horrible to have all those Italians run past you celebrating while you've let the entire nation down..

That’s the problem with this. I wonder if this same reaction/perception was felt by players that missed for other countries.

That’s the problem with this. I wonder if this same reaction/perception was felt by players that missed for other countries.
Yes - since the beginning of football - very cruel

Baggio '94 - prime example (Netflix released a decent movie earlier this year - recommend)

I really felt for the kid,coz thats all he is.A lot of pressue and responsility to put on his young shoulders.He'll get over this.Going to be a quality player(he is already)
Shame he's a gooner.

Yes - since the beginning of football - very cruel

Baggio '94 - prime example (Netflix released a decent movie earlier this year - recommend)
Baggio still has the nightmare of a missed penalty in Pasadena against Brazil. But he kept the silver medal
baresi-e-baggio-finale-mondiali-usa-1994-italia-brasile.jpg

And Baggio had a thousand reasons to be embittered: at Italia 90 we lost on penalties against Argentina with the Naples stadium cheering for Maradona. From there Maradona was hated by the Italians

Used to support lazio when gascoigne went to italy. Player i liked for lazio was guiseppe signori. Had an unsual and unique style for taking penalties. Cracking show football italia on channel 4 back in the day.
Back then, before we got cable TV, I probably watched and knew more about Italian football than the PL. Most of the greats of the time were playing in Italy then - Maldini, Baresi, Batistuta, Baggio, del Piero my personal favourites.

And Baggio had a thousand reasons to be embittered: at Italia 90 we lost on penalties against Argentina with the Naples stadium cheering for Maradona. From there Maradona was hated by the Italians
Italy went out in 98 to France again on penalties and lost on golden goal in the 2000 euros. And the English think they’ve had it bad!

Back
Top Bottom