****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn't deserve to be sacked, in my opinion, I don't think any manager has ever been sacked after making the final of the Euro's. But my choice would be Arsene Wenger to replace Southgate when his time does come to an end.

I've not said anything different than he lost us the final more than Italy won it.
Lucky he lost. Imagine how many black people would suffer if you uncivilised racist cunts actually won something

If you want England to succeed, why would you have Southgate continue? He is dogshit. Meek and pathetic manager who was afraid to win. Italy best player was injured, and you went ahead early doors but your Southgate side proceeded to shit its pants and refused to attack while waiting for the Italian equaliser. Whimpering stuff.
I think we should go for Wee Jock Poo Pong Mcplop to replace him

Still gutted we came so close. It seemed like Southgate, for all the preparation, didn't know how to respond when Italy started to take control in the second half. Just as against Croatia in 2018.
What I'm not sure about is how much was it a case of Italy's superior ball playing midfielders inevitably imposing themselves, versus getting out-tactic-ed? Possibly a bit of both, but definitely Southgate was slow to respond as Italy started to take control second half. Subs were too late, and had little impact. Extra time, I feel we could have got the upper hand with Chiesa, Barella, Veratti all off. It felt like Italy had punched themselves out and if we really went for them, there was a goal to be had. I was hoping for the energy of Bellingham rather than Henderson. And Grealish for Mount earlier. Push on and try to get the crowd going.

Southgate got a lot right, but his caution, in game management and excessive faith in Henderson and an out of sorts Mount cost us. I feel for Grealish more than most - of all the subs he could have been the difference maker with more time and a more attack-minded manager.

We won in extra time against the Germans in 66. This time we settled for pens - I understand it but I think Southgate will have some big regrets looking back again.

Still gutted we came so close. It seemed like Southgate, for all the preparation, didn't know how to respond when Italy started to take control in the second half. Just as against Croatia in 2018.
What I'm not sure about is how much was it a case of Italy's superior ball playing midfielders inevitably imposing themselves, versus getting out-tactic-ed? Possibly a bit of both, but definitely Southgate was slow to respond as Italy started to take control second half. Subs were too late, and had little impact. Extra time, I feel we could have got the upper hand with Chiesa, Barella, Veratti all off. It felt like Italy had punched themselves out and if we really went for them, there was a goal to be had. I was hoping for the energy of Bellingham rather than Henderson. And Grealish for Mount earlier. Push on and try to get the crowd going.

Southgate got a lot right, but his caution, in game management and excessive faith in Henderson and an out of sorts Mount cost us. I feel for Grealish more than most - of all the subs he could have been the difference maker with more time and a more attack-minded manager.

We won in extra time against the Germans in 66. This time we settled for pens - I understand it but I think Southgate will have some big regrets looking back again.
100% agree, great post.

He doesn't deserve to be sacked, in my opinion, I don't think any manager has ever been sacked after making the final of the Euro's. But my choice would be Arsene Wenger to replace Southgate when his time does come to an end.

I've not said anything different than he lost us the final more than Italy won it.
On reflection, it was a national bottle job. The collective sigh of relief from your nation as those terrible penalties ended the story in the only way you can be comfortable with.

And by applauding Southgate you ensure more of the same next year. You might not get an easy run to the final though. I predict a quarter final exit

Another apologist. Face up to your reality. It'll do you good. Consider it the first step

Admin Admin - Seriously; this in-joke bullshit routine just isn't entertaining anymore...... if it ever was.

Safe to say its more than a little off-putting for new members too.

Last edited:
Don’t rise to him mate

He is a WUM, no one could genuinely be as much as a bellend as him
I just think England could do well to confront its society wide racism and hatred of other groups. I know that's difficult for you guys to accept, but if it was easy then I wouldn't have to say it.

I think there will be at least another ten years of tokenism and head in the sand behaviour before your society starts to take first steps of change.

Gianluca Vialli at 55 is fighting the most important match of his life. Yesterday celebrating his birthday she wrote. "... Outside the hospital it says" Humanitas ". The doctor tells me I have to stop. What should I stop?
The answer is given by the MRI:
Stop everything Luca. You have pancreatic cancer.
When they tell me, I still don't know which is one of the most serious. But I get it from how the doctor blows words out of his lips: "Chances are good" ...
Good chance of what? When I understand it, I, who up to that point in my life knew nothing about diseases, biopsies, pet scans, lymph nodes and contrast fluids, I feel lost ...
You have to move quickly, I have a week before the operation.
When I wake up after the surgery my wife is there, I have tubes connected to my neck and abdomen. And a long scar between the abs.
Her eyes burn with happiness.
"She went well," she says. "How long do I have to stay here" I ask her.
"Fifteen days".
I leave the hospital after six, amid protests from doctors who still invite me to share a long treatment with Professor Cunningham, in London.
But first there is Christmas. We spend it in England all together and I look at these people as I had never seen him before.
On Boxing Day I tell the girls. How? Just as I am saying it to you.
As I talk to them, and they cry, I understand that it is not true that cancer is the great enemy to be defeated. It's not a fight to kill him, but it's a challenge to change yourself ...
I need to dialogue with fear. The real fear, the one that makes you lock yourself in the bathroom and cry; fear of not being able to say the words you need.
I talk about it with Cunningham:
"Doctor you believe that I can heal by thinking positively that I will heal."
He, a man of science, answers me yes.
That's all I need. I build a new routine around it and dedicate myself to it body and soul: I wake up early, I meditate on small fundamental phrases, I seek silence, I focus on pleasant details, I exercise, I read and write a positive thought every day ... a series of yellow post-its the sentences that are in my book. As I write these lines I have finished chemo and radio treatments but I still do not know how this game will end, I will find out later. What I do know is that I prepared well and gave my best; that my team couldn't play better.
And that they passed the ball to me, like you pass it to a striker.
So I'm there in front, I can see the net well, as well as the goal line and the end line. I know how. But every time you kick to score it's always like the first time: you need a lot of courage.
And a bit of luck too. "Give me your birthday wishes ..."

On reflection, it was a national bottle job. The collective sigh of relief from your nation as those terrible penalties ended the story in the only way you can be comfortable with.

And by applauding Southgate you ensure more of the same next year. You might not get an easy run to the final though. I predict a quarter final exit

I think England are a quarter-final, semi-final team, so it's hardly a disaster for us to make quarter's regularly. As talented a squad we have there are a bunch of other Nations who have as much as us, or even more than us.

Rumours around claiming Shaw spent the whole tournament playing with broken ribs.......

Broken ribs are hellish.... Gotta be bullshit, right?

I'm still in shock that we managed to make a final despite getting next to nothing out of Foden and Mount. If they both played to what they are capable of and show for their club every week we'd have walked this Euro's.

Back
Top Bottom