****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still in shock that we managed to make a final despite getting next to nothing out of Foden and Mount. If they both played to what they are capable of and show for their club every week we'd have walked this Euro's.

Mount - Poor.
Saka - Bright.
Grealish - Supa-sub.
Foden - Barely featured.
Sancho - Barely featured.
Rashford - Ghost.
DCL - Ghost.

England fans: Our strength is our attack.

:llorishuh:

Mount - Poor.
Saka - Bright.
Grealish - Supa-sub.
Foden - Barely featured.
Rashford - Ghost.
DCL - Ghost.

On the whole I thought Kane was average too, considering the player most of us know he is. Just goes to show what good organisation and a decent defense can do for you. But I still can't forgive Southgate for not getting just a little but more out of the players you mentioned. Had we got the balance a bit better between defending and attacking we wouldn't be getting trolled by the likes of Bonucci and Chiellini.

I'm still in shock that we managed to make a final despite getting next to nothing out of Foden and Mount. If they both played to what they are capable of and show for their club every week we'd have walked this Euro's.
England really have great potential and when you lose on penalties it means that the difference was in the details.
To make you understand: the 2016 European Championship Spain-Italy 4-0 final was basically a sentence.

I'd agree, if I thought the story was entirely made up and he didn't actually make a bunch of children take penalties against a full grown man just so he could say 'ha, not so easy is it...'
its his job to teach children lessons. Nobody got hurt, and he achieved what he set out to do.

Where's the problem?

strange way to view it.

its his job to teach children lessons. Nobody got hurt, and he achieved what he set out to do.

Where's the problem?

strange way to view it.
I just thought he sounded like a douche rather than a wise giver of knowledge tbh...

I guess it comes down to whether you believe he did that in order to benefit the kids, or in order to have a funny story to brag about on whatever platform it was. If the former then you have more faith in the average social media stranger than I do.

Down to Gary imv

I just thought he sounded like a douche rather than a wise giver of knowledge tbh...

I guess it comes down to whether you believe he did that in order to benefit the kids, or in order to have a funny story to brag about on whatever platform it was. If the former then you have more faith in the average social media stranger than I do.
On reflection your take is probably more accurate than mine

Mount - Poor.
Saka - Bright.
Grealish - Supa-sub.
Foden - Barely featured.
Rashford - Ghost.
DCL - Ghost.

It is our strength but our manager is a defensive one who gets the best out of a defensive system and does well building those types of teams.

You give any manager like Pep the likes of Foden, Kane, Grealish, Sancho and Saka and he will have them ripping teams apart.

It is our strength but our manager is a defensive one who gets the best out of a defensive system and does well building those types of teams.

You give any manager like Pep the likes of Foden, Kane, Grealish, Sancho and Saka and he will have them ripping teams apart.

After the dust has settled; that's the crying shame.... We never really got to find out what they were capable of.

After the dust has settled; that's the crying shame.... We never really got to find out what they were capable of.

I think Southgate will get the World Cup and he could do well. However long term with Bellingham to come through as well in the Modric role, we will have Foden, Bellingham, Sancho, Grealish, Saka, Kane, Sterling, Greenwood as a centre and attack, another ‘’golden generation’’.

Except Kane that is probably another 5-7 tournaments post World Cup. We cannot waste such attacking talent. Even a Wenger or perhaps an Eddie Howe who have knowledge of modern attacking football patterns would be fine.

I think Southgate will get the World Cup and he could do well. However long term with Bellingham to come through as well in the Modric role, we will have Foden, Bellingham, Sancho, Grealish, Saka, Kane, Sterling, Greenwood as a centre and attack, another ‘’golden generation’’.

Except Kane that is probably another 5-7 tournaments post World Cup. We cannot waste such attacking talent. Even a Wenger or perhaps an Eddie Howe who have knowledge of modern attacking football patterns would be fine.
Modern attacking football patterns.

I wonder how long it will be before the
2-3-5 formation will be heralded as the next new age formation

“The controversies with the British at the European Championships? I can't pretend: I found this controversy fueled by us Italians pathetic. I've seen dozens of finals where the loser got the medal.
They stayed there for 20 minutes, they saw us raise the cup in their home, some even applauded. What more were they supposed to do? We won, we were the most beautiful, we shouted our pride in his face, let's not moralize. Which is not in our DNA, since we are not saint's shins. Did they whistle our hymn? Ugly, sure. But how many times have our fans booed that of others and Buffon had to call the applause?

I was a good player, but if you also needed a son of p…. Chiellini love him if he's on your team, otherwise you hate him. As an opponent in certain games, I also made some hard entries. We are these: blues, not princes blues.

Controversy for your celebrations on the open bus in Rome? I don't think the problem of the rise in infections stemmed from that stretch of road, after seeing days of parties in the squares and thousands of people in front of big screens throughout the European Championship. If there had to be a steady wrist, it was right to show it even earlier. The bodies in charge had to better organize our return and the inevitable welcome. Having said that, it is also not normal that if the ministry says no, then you change your mind because the players are asking for something else. "

[Daniele De Rossi - Sportweek]

Finding something wrong with Danielino's words is a difficult task.

#De Rossi

Eh? They 'lost (Technically the game was drawn) on penalties. If Rashfords kick is two inches inside the post what would UEFA technical report accuse Italy of? Sounds like a right waste if paper.

Back
Top Bottom