England vs Belgium [Nations League] 5pm 11/10/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Airfixx

"I want to be the sadness of my opponents" - Venom

EkDhP3cWoAQ7QyU

Belgium are massively depleted yet we roll out that miserable line-up?

Back 5?
Walker at CB?
Coady dropped?
Mount > Grealish?
Our strenth is our attacking talent, but we only play 3 attacking players (inc. Mount who I don't rate)?

I like Trippier, but why the fuck is he on left wing back? Why play 3 at the back if we don't even have two capable left backs????

This game is going to be rough.

And Mount must have a clandestine recording of Soutgate & Lampard engaging in some typ of shameful behaviour because how he keeps starting ahead of Grealish is borderline criminal to be honest.

Same old shit... What's the point in playing well in a friendly if you then just get dropped the next game?

i.e. Coady, Grealish, Saka.

Gary will - like all England managers - cling to the same old players like a security blanket and then struggle to integrate new players as necessary once the tournaments come around.

Last edited:
Same old shit... What's the point in playing well in a friendly if you then just get dropped the next game?

i.e. Coady, Greaslish, Saka.
Exactly. Why pick exciting young players like Grealish (or not that young anymore I guess) and Maitland Niles (an actual LWB) to just use them as reserve options?

Southgate's such a petty man. So insecure and totally lacking in integrity. Should never have been given the job in the first place, would have preferred to keep Allardyce honestly.

Exactly. Why pick exciting young players like Grealish (or not that young anymore I guess) and Maitland Niles (an actual LWB) to just use them as reserve options?

Southgate's such a petty man. So insecure and totally lacking in integrity. Should never have been given the job in the first place, would have preferred to keep Allardyce honestly.

I'm convinced Fat Sam would have rocked it! Simple football based on the strengths of the players he had..... None of this deluded pretentious guff about curating a style and system of play despite fuck all time on the training pitch together.

Last edited:
This shit about Grealish/Mount being played wide with a "slightly free-er role" is seriously grinding my gears.....

Gary is pretending he's playing 343, but he's not.... It's blatantly 532.

Fucking Wales had our WBs pinned back for the first 30mins the other night!

Christ that England starting XI hardly strikes fear into the opposition. Very poor on paper.

Gary is shitting it even though faced with a weakened Belgium (Mignolet!!!!...Both Hazards out.).....

You'd think with all the shit he's been spouting about the Nations League being important he'd seek to take advantage rather than leave it all to an away game that would likely see them back to full strength. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom